• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advantages of 120 fishing

Miretar

Journeyman
Another is it worth it question. I fish for MiBs. I am not thrilled with the fishing quests—I currently have enough on my plate to have to refresh my ship because it can’t be dry docked while I’m on a quest.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Above GM really only allows you the ability to fish up different fish. I have not really noticed any difference between my 110 fisherman and 120 fisherman in the terms of fishing up more MIBs. Just to add on, I went and turned in all of my chests and shipwreck stuff for points until I got enough for the entire fishing suit and found that was a waste. High Seas had such a chance to really boost fishing but other than the ship fighting, it was a grind fest and the RNG sucks so bad that aside from MIBs, it is just not worth it. Fishing, Treasure Hunting (hate the changes to that), and training pets are the only things I really do anymore and I only sub once every few months any more. :(

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Perhaps someone can confirm... I thought 120 Fishing helps pull up Scalis at a better percentage when throwing the fabled nets?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Nothing official but here are 2 posts and one says yes, there is a bonus to pulling scalis: Legendary Fisherman worth the trouble?

Here is one that says UO Guide removed that so maybe something has changed: Throwing Scalis nets

I think the 2nd one I posted even talked about players with 0 fishing being able to pull him so I have no clue. Either way, the OP is only looking to see if it gives a bonus to pulling MIBs. This Reddit post says yes but I can neither confirm nor deny any bonus.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can fish up MIBs without getting sea serps. I keep 1 fisher around 75 just for that. It was changed some time back. Not sure if the rate is lower than getting sea serps, but i can just cast over and over with little thought that way.

Miretar

Journeyman
After sailing too and from the sea market and realizing that you have to do this every time you want to buy something there or get a quest there I came to the conclusion that I am not interested.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After sailing too and from the sea market and realizing that you have to do this every time you want to buy something there or get a quest there I came to the conclusion that I am not interested.
You can get the fish monger quest from any of the mongers only need to go to floating market when that's where the order is for

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of people park a ship outside the buoy line with their non-fisher, then recall to it (and refresh it) whenever they need to go there for supplies. As for the fishing quests, there's a U-shaped route you can travel and hit all the spots, as you only have to be on the correct subserver to deliver.

If you treat Britain or the sea market/floating emporium as the end points..... (starting from Britain)...

1. Britain: On its own subserver. But you only have to be at the north end of Buc's Den west of the island above the server line to recall to Britain to deliver and pick up a new quest.
2. Skara, Trinsic and Jhelom are all on one subserver. Sail south from Britain off Trinsic, and recall to the 3 cities in whichever order is most convenient to pick up and deliver.
3. Papua is its own subserver, but the surface-side subserver where the Pillar east of Trinsic is located is the same subserver as Vesper. You can sail to the pillar from Trinsic, recall to deliver to Vesper, then recall back to the ship to use the pillar to get to Papua, then return to the LL-side pillar to go back to the seas between Trinsic, Buc's and Verity/Haven.
4. From there, sail to the Sea Market/FE, deliver there, recall to Moonglow and deliver there, get new quests.
5. From there, it's just a matter of filling your new quests, and going back through steps 4, 3, 2, 1 in that order, to deliver. Then, start back at 1. Repeat as necessary as long as you have fish stockpiled.

It makes fishing quests INSANELY EASY as long as you have the fish available (such as stored at home)I've done 20-30 6-part quests in 3 hours, before running out of the rarer crabs/lobsters.