• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Addons for Logitech G15 Keyboards

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any addons for G15 keyboards for either the 2D or KR client. I'm not looking for anything illegal. The G15 has been cleared by the devs. I'm not looking for anything specific although something that showed info like weight, gold, and health/mana/stamina would be cool.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

I like the G11 better. I'd rather have the extra keys... The display seems kind of pointless to me on the G15, because assuming you're playing UO, you'd be looking at the screen.

S

SORO MANY SPAWNA

Yea i got the g15 all thats good on it are the lit up lights other then that i dont use the other crap

G

I have one of the original G15 keyboards that has 18 G keys and 3 M buttons which gives me a total of 54 one keypress macros at my disposal (although I don't use it to its full potential). I use the display mainly for keeping an eye on my CPU and RAM usage and to see if I have email without having to keep outlook open. I think it was silly of logitech to drop most of the G keys from the G15. My only complaint with this keyboard is that the most frequently used keys are starting to wear. I wonder if logitech would be nice enough to send me some new keys?

G

** raises hand ** Ohh ohhh! I have one of them as well. CPU/RAM usage is always in the LCD screen. I too have the 3 banks of 18.

UO profile, bank M1 is the Paladin, M2 is for my crafters ... 6 each scribe, miner, ljer; M3 unused as yet, but will most likely be the mage.

I also have a profile setup for the Audacity vinyl-to-mp3 rip proggie with the Ion USB turntable.

Best amount of cash I've spent in a long time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like the G11 better. I'd rather have the extra keys... The display seems kind of pointless to me on the G15, because assuming you're playing UO, you'd be looking at the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]The G15 used to be the G11 with LCD screen...
Then, they changed it that the G15 had a third of the buttons of the G11.

G

Would be great to see the UO Team build in either some native client and/or add-on support for the G15's.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, I'm pleased as punch with my G15. The display is no big deal, but I do like the clock (I don't use the cpu/ram display because it causes lag in some of my games, although I did just update the software so I might try it again). However the extra buttons and programmability are amazing.

At first I tried moving all my macros to the G keys, but I was just too used to my old macros, so what has happened is I have slowly been adding new functions to the G keys, and it really has made a big difference in my gaming, and even some difference in just regular keyboard usage.

Just the ability to legally loop macros is worth the price of admission, but the keyboard looks great and works really well, and has great features. It is my current "favourite thing" in my computer setup.

G

I wish the G-keys werent "linked". I wish I could just make macros using only them and not have to have them on other keys as well. Is there a way to do this? Could someone PM me? Kinda sucks really..not used to the bigger keyboard so I keep missing my escape/tab/control+shift keys.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You could make your in-game or uoassist macros something you would never normally press, like "Ctrl-Shift-Alt-F1" and then assign a keystroke to a G key to mimic that. I use it that way for my melee character and use the G keys exclusively when playing her, never reaching over for Alt- anything...
G9 is lightning strike, G12 is bandage self, etc.. I put my most used abilities onto the G7-G12 keys and rest my hand on them for fastest access.

Unless you mean the new G15 which might have something different. I have the old G15 which is now sold as a G11.

[/ QUOTE ]Only problem is that the ctrl+alt+shift keystrokes include ctrl+shift.
So, every time you tap the button, it brings up object handles for a moment.

Also (again), the G11 has always been the G11.
It hasn't changed.
It's the specifications of the G15 that have changed.
The G11 has no screen, and 18 G-keys.
The old G15 had screen, and 18 G-keys.
The new G15 has screen, and 6 G-keys.

T

TirNaNog

Okay, sorry for the confusion then. Anyway, I have an old G15. And you could leave the shift out and make it Crtl-Alt-whatever.. I doubt that would conflict with anyone's existing macros was my point. The idea is just to assign things to the G-keys without having to reach over isn't it?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm always pressing ctrl-shift to bring up object handles anyway, so it doesn't bother me using "ctrl-alt-shift for my "G" keybinds.

So the new G15 only has 6 "G" keys? That sucks, I'm awfully glad I have an old one...

G

I kinda like the nostromo.

It is like a mini key board or like a giant mouse for your left hand. you can also set macro's with it.