• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Add on software

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, I am only falling back on my MMORPG experience from Ulitma Online, so I will us UO Assist as my example. Are there any "legal" add on programs for EvE that help avoid the grind of certain actions? Such as mining, lol...la

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
short answer: nope

There are several 3rd party apps that make use of the API system to help with such actions as planning your skills (EveMon) or planning your ship fittings (EFT). CCP doesn't allow any programs that do things like macro's in game. I'd kill for a freaking cooldown timer on my mining lasers......

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd kill for a freaking cooldown timer on my mining lasers......
Heard that, or being able to actually schedule 2 or 3 skills to train in sequence. Or the ability to cue up actions like changing targets when a roid is mined out.

But really, I haven't seen a lot of need to macro anything... if your at your comp and have the sound on it will pretty much tell you when you need to click something.

B

Belmarduk

@ rico
No as Speranza said
1.And CCP enforces against macroers (scripters) ... better than EA does in UO
Accounts are really banned on a daily basis
2. People activley hunt macroers (I regularry gank them and only them dont gank otherwise :) )

I and most people hate Macroers because they are bad for the game.
If you have a ship with a big cargo-bay mining is pleasant work - you can do it half-afk (Icemining for example: 1 cycle takes me about 30 min till cargo is full - You can clean the flat or whatever while icemining :) )
The difference with MM their macro flys back to station - unloads goes back to ice belt and then mines again...all day - My ship just sits there when cargo is full - Ok short story: Dont macro its bad and also their is a high probability you will get a trojan onto your PC (Keep hearing those storys in the forums..)
Greetings Belmarduk

B

Belmarduk

@ skycapp
I want this too and have been keeping a thread in eve-o forums bumped for over a year now - Backup-skill is what we want - ONE skill as backup - Thats fair enough
Look for the thread in the skill-section of eve-o forum and keep that bumped people - Its called skill-queue wanted and has about 20 pages now hehe

D

Devilengine

that what i was doing yesterday.. building a pc.. mining some 'roids. keep a spare eye on it.. switch targets rescan.. rinse repeat