• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Add A Cheat & Exploit Reporting Forum Section.

M

Mr Artifact

as an honest player who doesnt cheat because i refuses to cheat it really burns me up when players cheat. i propose adding a cheat and exploit reporting forum section here. i am no taddle tale but i want to see cheating eliminated as much as possable. [/list] i am sure the dev teams are not fully aware of all the exploits and cheats going around. with this section we can make the devs fully aware by posting and explaining exactly how the cheat or exploit was done, what program was used to create the cheat or exploit , what undetectable cheat and exploit programs are out there and what sites they came from maybe we can even post a direct link to those sites that they came from. [/list] knowing is half the battle so hopfully if the dev teams become aware they will investigate and take the proper action to stop these cheats and exploits. i am sure cheating will always be a part of uo but lets narrow that down to a trickle.[/list] so not to teach other players how to do these cheats maybe only the user who post it, the people who run this site, and the dev teams will be able to read it if thats a problem

I

imported_Spiritless

There are already methods in place to report exploiting.

Having a forum like you're proposing would just serve to inform others how to cheat/exploit and make the problem more widespread. If public viewing was turned off, then basically it's the same as emailing in a report which has been the protocol now for as long as I can remember.

Use the email addresses provided.

For plain bugs, there is also the Bug Reporting Forum here too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Having a forum like you're proposing would just serve to inform others how to cheat/exploit and make the problem more widespread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It takes time to code and verify any fixes. This type of thing would only create unreasonable pressure on the dev team to fix it before literally everyone is using it, which would be a matter of hours since everyone reads these boards or knows someone who does. Not to mention the stress of keeping up with every post and determining if it is just the user's imagination (99 out of 100) or a real threat. That alone would be a full-time job for several people.

B

Babble

<blockquote><hr>

...and even that's questionable sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I call them babble boards?

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

as an honest player who doesnt cheat because i refuses to cheat it really burns me up when players cheat. i propose adding a cheat and exploit reporting forum section here. i am no taddle tale but i want to see cheating eliminated as much as possable. [/list] i am sure the dev teams are not fully aware of all the exploits and cheats going around. with this section we can make the devs fully aware by posting and explaining exactly how the cheat or exploit was done, what program was used to create the cheat or exploit , what undetectable cheat and exploit programs are out there and what sites they came from maybe we can even post a direct link to those sites that they came from. [/list] knowing is half the battle so hopfully if the dev teams become aware they will investigate and take the proper action to stop these cheats and exploits. i am sure cheating will always be a part of uo but lets narrow that down to a trickle.[/list] so not to teach other players how to do these cheats maybe only the user who post it, the people who run this site, and the dev teams will be able to read it if thats a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't cheat because i don't need to, i am confident enough in my playing skills to not need to.
as far as thoes that cheat they are taking away from many of the finer aspects of the game and are not truely getting the enjoyment they could get.

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree was fighting some folks lastnight and one would not die for anything we had 8 folks on a guy and he would not go down, Pulled out my thief adn this tool had 46 items insured in his backpack

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA needs to streamline the reporting process. You should be able to target someone first, then complete the written part of the complaint. The current system takes too much time and any scripter will have recalled out way before you get to target them.

There should also be some way to reveal hidden/stealthed characters since you cant even them for a complaint.

The place for this isnt the boards, EA is responsible for in-game rules enforcement.

Safe Travels, Sam

G

<blockquote><hr>

This are just fanboards.

[/ QUOTE ]

that may be, but it the best format for getting anything done.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This are just fanboards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or pancake Boards, depending on who is posting.