• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Active????

Ragnustus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey, Just wondering if anyone is still active around here. I just signed up here but I don't see much from recently. A lot of the news updates seem to be really out of date as well....

Hope everyone is doing good!

-Ragnustus

Ragnustus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am always looking for new games to try. Use to play WoW, Runes of Magic, Firefall beta, Battlefield Play4Free, Mech Warrior(when Microsoft ran it), Combat Arms(currently just keeps crashing), Sudden Attack, A.V.A, World of Pirates, Evony(Civony during Beta), and many others.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are active, stratics while the offical forum is not a good representation of uo's activity ;)

Come find out :) I recommend siege or Atlantic shards :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Ragnustus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ya, I am finding it a lot more active as I browse around the forums that what it appears lol

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We are active, stratics while the offical forum is not a good representation of uo's activity ;)

Come find out :) I recommend siege or Atlantic shards :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
Play both shards... ;)

Ragnustus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Lol as soon as I have a chance to download the game I'll give it a shot.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk 4

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics' legacy is Ultima Online. That's where you'll find most of the activity for the time being.

While UO will always be a central part of Stratics, a recent ownership transition has opened the door for some major new developments. We posted a teaser of what's in store here: http://stratics.com/community/threa...pendence-schedules-major-rennovations.301644/. We've hired 3 VPs, who are attacking their new duties with ferocity (see: http://stratics.com/community/pages/staff/). With our new leaders, as well as our professional artwork, web development, and technical support, we have some big changes coming that will rejuvenate our network, including our forum community.

Endal

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ragnustus, I strongly recommend that you also look into what timezone you are currently in and join a shard that closely matches that timeline. Events will often happen at almost any time, and if you're on the west coast where an event is happening at 9am, that means it's 6am for you. Alternate wise, if you're on the East Coast and the event is at 7 or 8pm, that's 10 or 11 for you.

On other games, like the ones you mentioned above, the events happen when your guild decides to run a raid, so it's flexible. But here on UO our events are well planned out by our EMs, so you may want to take that into consideration when picking your shard.

That said, if you're a West Coaster, like myself, I strongly suggest Napa Valley. Great community and lots of room for houses (I placed a keep on accident when I first got here).

UO is very much alive, even if it's not expected for us to get many more major content updates in the future. We've got lots of flaws here, but compared to some other games... we're pretty clean. Also, we're 16 years strong! Hoo-rah!

Ragnustus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I would be on UO to give it a try by now if it wasn't for my bandwidth. Thankfully that problem will be solved on Friday afternoon. Not that I can play for a few hours that evening anyway because of CBL Meetings lol