• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Reactivation info. Even 8 years old. Good info

G

Hail: Well after reading it was possible on this board, i decided to try again. 3 phone calls later to UO/EA i got it done. here is How.

1. They have ALL info on all accounts. So, even if an account had several owners, or billing info, e mail, ect, ALL of it is there.

2. You have to go thru the, "Reactivate account" recording. At the end it will give you the option to talk to a real person. 1-866-543-5435

You Need the following information to get started. Your Name that was used to set up the account, and the account name, and the Address. Not where you are Now, but where you were then. and zip code.

If you still know it, the e mail used on the account. I only knew it was, @Roadrunner, in Hawaii, but had long forgotten the e mail name i used.

The last 8 didgits of the visa card used. I also only knew it was bank of hawaii, and had no way to get that info. The phone number on the account. About how old the account is, or what year it was set up originally.

If the account is inactive, and you have enough of the general information, they WILL send you a password to your current e mail. They did it for me. Weee

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations, you got a Rep that broke the rules. I say that because I met all of the criteria that you did, when I tried to get back my original 97 account that , umm, I lost. I gave them everything that they asked for, except the credit card number that was last used for payment ( I had my original number I opened the account with), which of course I did NOT know. The account was also inactive, the EA rep absolutely refused to acknowledge me as being the owner. Oh, he also wanted the original reg code from the CD.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Congratulations, you got a Rep that broke the rules. I say that because I met all of the criteria that you did, when I tried to get back my original 97 account that , umm, I lost. I gave them everything that they asked for, except the credit card number that was last used for payment ( I had my original number I opened the account with), which of course I did NOT know. The account was also inactive, the EA rep absolutely refused to acknowledge me as being the owner. Oh, he also wanted the original reg code from the CD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya.. same here EXCEPT I've kept all of my install CD's and had the original code... so mine got reactivated. It really pays to be a pack rat!

G

Hehe, maybe i should talk with my friend Richie and see if he still knows the info on his old acct. He quit UO the day they implemented the Skill Cap, he was a 18x GM, he never chose what 7 skills he wanted to keep. So there likely is still a 18xGM char sitting on that inactive acct. Wonder if that skill choose gump will still pop up, or if it's possible to run around on him, lol.

G

Hail: I would call back and get a different Rep. If you have any of the Visa info, that alone should do it. I will use Nevada Power reps as example. Sometimes i notice an apartment, "i am the manager" that seems to have no power. I check the meter, and it is off, or tagged. I call Nevada Power to see if it was shut off for non payment, and so on.

By the Book, since I am not on the account, they are not suppost to tell me anything. I can tell up front if i have a Jerk Rep, or a good one. I hang up on jerk, and call back until i get what i want.

We all do this when we call any type of support, and get, "Yello, my nome is Shika ka bango bo, pow may i selp you?". I want to get the guy thtat say, "Rob here, super gamer tec type guy, what the hell is wrong"? hehe

M

mbecker4

Thats intersting to know. I'll have to give it another try. I tried reactivating my account from about 7 seven years ago, but was unsuccessful. I didn't know the credit card info, all I knew was the name and address, it was ...@hotmail, and several of the characters names on GL. It sure would be nice to see some of my old characters again.

M

MrMiagi

Where can I find this number to phone them reguarding a lost account? I can't find it.

I

imported_Lady Tiger

it just sounds to easy to get account info and reactivate old accounts that way. I hope they really do some changes to thier system of getting info...I would hate to wake up one day and find my favorite chars gone and the guy I bought the account from 6 years ago playing the account.

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

it just sounds to easy to get account info and reactivate old accounts that way. I hope they really do some changes to thier system of getting info...I would hate to wake up one day and find my favorite chars gone and the guy I bought the account from 6 years ago playing the account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya exactly... and why you should go through the Account Transfer, even if it does cost $30. All those hours lost and the $30 sounds pretty cheap to me.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe, maybe i should talk with my friend Richie and see if he still knows the info on his old acct. He quit UO the day they implemented the Skill Cap, he was a 18x GM, he never chose what 7 skills he wanted to keep. So there likely is still a 18xGM char sitting on that inactive acct. Wonder if that skill choose gump will still pop up, or if it's possible to run around on him, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, interesting situation... At that time skill decay occured, so I wonder if the skills decayed while inactive?
Also, was character deletion still around at that time? Is it possible that his character got deleted after (what was it, 60 days?) of inactivity?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Or your exhusband!
I agree with what you said.

I

imported_kinney42

I just did this and found out my first account I created back in 98 or 99 got hacked and the "blocked" in 2004! CURSES!

G

wow they must have changed their policy ...

We tried that bout 3 years ago to recover an account and then the Rep told us that even thou the account was closed it belonged to the "new owner" since he paid for it for more then 90 Days.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya exactly... and why you should go through the Account Transfer, even if it does cost $30. All those hours lost and the $30 sounds pretty cheap to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Back in the day you didn't have this.

But I doubt they will give away info on currently active accounts.

G

Just some more info: My account was set up in Dec 1997. My Charaters are still there, and the skills they had, not much, still there. Everything in bank boxes still there, and even though my horse has not eaten in 8+ years, it did not buck me off and run away..hehe

I do not think this would work if you tried to get an account back, ie 1 you sold, and that account was Active. That being said, being a betting man, i bet if someone had sold their account, and then decided to steal it back, and it was inactive, they might just get it.

I did NOT do this, i really was the original owner.

The account does not age when inactive, so it is funny to see, Member since Dec 97, this account is 28 months old. LOL.

J

JoyousGard

I just reactivated an account that was 9 years old. THe EA account page says January 1998, so now I am old ballz like these guys. HAHAHA!

THe account was reactivated once in 2000ish but when I reactivated it this time, there were no chars there. I forgot what shard they would be on so I checked em all and no characters. Boo hoo.

I did get 9 veteran rewards and it says my account is 72 months so that is weird. Is tehre any way the chars are out there somewhere?

A

AdamD

It's a shame this doesn't apply to accounts which were stolen when inactive
My account was stolen when I was offline for X months and they wouldn't give it back to me, because whomever stole it, their credit card info had been on it for 30 days
According to EA, if your credit card or gametime code is on an account for 30 days or more, you're essentially the OWNER
(One reason I stopped buying gametime codes from brokers, heh)