• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account purge question.

G

Hello, everyone.

I used to be a regular on TSO. Lately though, I have been busy with college. I now have the time to play, but I logged on, and it shows that I am no longer a subscriber. It says I am suspended because of a billing failure. Now, I have worked on my Sim (Polie Bear of Alphaville, I forgot my password for my Stratics account) for four years. Apparently, I was suspended back in September. I am wondering if this means that I may lose my Sim, lots, etc. I really do not want that to happen. Is there still a purge? If anyone can, could someone tell me if Polie Bear in Alphaville exists still? I really do not want to spend $10 to find out I lost everything.

Thank you very much for your help.

J

JUSTaJoe

Polie Bear does not appear in a city serch of Alphaville, So i would assume the bear is gone. Even did a wildcard search with no results, sorry

I

imported_SimTripps

If your account was suspended in September, most likely your sims are gone. However you can still reactivate your account, and have EA send you your password/member name (as long as you remember the e-mail account you registered with lol.. ) - check out -=Login to EA=-

G

That's not what I wanted to hear...I assume that, even if I get my subscription back, I cannot get my sims back? Because I put 4 years into those sims, and countless hours. Even had my property on TV. I would hate to see all that gone. Especially if it was because of a billing issue I was unaware of.

Thanks, though.

G

No, once the sims/property is deleted/purged etc there is absolutely no possible way to get them back. Unfortunately they are gone, I checked too, but oddly was it this Sept that the billing stopped? If so its barely 3 month and at that time only the sim should be moved out of the property at 90 days inactive. The sims shouldn't be deleted until January - 120 days inactive or unpaid.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yeah the sims should still be there. At 30 days your sims are removed from property and slated for deletion. So you lose your house after 30 days of non-pay. However, you don't lose your sims for 90 days after that.

Total is 120 days from the day you stopped paying.

G

That's good. Thanks. But do they count inactivity, as well? Because I have been inactive, but continued to pay (until September, apparently), with the assumption that my sim would be safe. Just looking for confirmation.

Thanks a lot.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's good. Thanks. But do they count inactivity, as well? Because I have been inactive, but continued to pay (until September, apparently), with the assumption that my sim would be safe. Just looking for confirmation.

Thanks a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

They won't purge based on inactivity. All that matters is that they got your money.

G

Thanks guys. I finally got to log into my account, after reactivating. All my sims, made in 2003, are gone for good, with a few million worth of Simoleans, a property shown on TV, and so much more also deleted. Since I worked on them for thousands of hours over the course of a few years, I am obviously pretty upset, and might cancel once the month is up, unfortunately...I just can't see myself starting new all over again. Especially after so much that I experienced. I actually had the first pet shop in Alphaville, and was famous for a while for defending people against scammers.

Anyway, sorry for the short rant. Thanks again. I'll see if I can get back into TSO...I want to, but unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to...

G

Never fear things are changing and with amnesty on the table you may at least get your anniversary gifts. Be sure to vote on the poll on the front page to add your 2 cents about skill lock amnesty too! You're just the type of player it helps the most. Hope you hang out for awhile. WB!

G

GRINCH II

oh well, you quit paying, that is what happens when you quit paying, i lost my sims before from not paying and i came back. Why should you get special treatment over others coming bakc to the game. ooh i was shown on tv ooh i am special. so what! That doesnt make you more special than others.

G

<blockquote><hr>

oh well, you quit paying, that is what happens when you quit paying, i lost my sims before from not paying and i came back. Why should you get special treatment over others coming bakc to the game. ooh i was shown on tv ooh i am special. so what! That doesnt make you more special than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

G

GRINCH II

huh? ok i dont think that they should get anything back. they quit paying for the game cuz they havent played or what not. why should they get special treatment niki?

if they really wanted to keep their account active and to keep that house, they should have made sure to pay for it and keep playing. do you understand now?

G

HE didn't stopped paying, or quit, HE GOT SUSPENDED DUE BILLING ISSUES&lt; MAYBE WE SHOULD drain your credit card and make you feel how it is to lose everything, I luckily got suspended twice, and only lost once a ho use and that's it, he lost his first pet shop (Was it?) all his Anniversary Gifts, his sims that were around 1000 and more age. And many things, he was proud of them, and Who knows, he just want to get his HARD work back!

G

Bravo BigOz!! It's good to see that someone took the time to know the person that was asking the question.

The fact that they continued paying and there was an issue leaves all the fault on the EA.

Maybe Zachnorn should contact a dev via PM to see if anything can be done. The devs are very willing to help and would be able to answer the question of whether you can get your stuff back or not. Hope that helps.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

Once again, this is another example of how EA's policy is very harsh when it comes to deleting sims. Some of you feel he or anyone else shouldn't get any special treatment because he was inactive, billing issues, or whatever.

Case in point, he's pissed and doesn't see the point in continuing with TSO/EA Land and I don't blame him. I'd feel the same way. There's no reason why EA can't save your stuff just like other online games do. I just recently went back to Star Wars Galaxies for a month, and I can pick up where I left off over 6 months ago. I can do the same with any of my other game accounts. That means money in their wallet, otherwise I wouldn't bother. TSO is just too harsh.

Flame away if you want, but I probably won't read it. I"m just stating my 2 cents and moving on.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Once again, this is another example of how EA's policy is very harsh when it comes to deleting sims. Some of you feel he or anyone else shouldn't get any special treatment because he was inactive, billing issues, or whatever.

Case in point, he's pissed and doesn't see the point in continuing with TSO/EA Land and I don't blame him. I'd feel the same way. There's no reason why EA can't save your stuff just like other online games do. I just recently went back to Star Wars Galaxies for a month, and I can pick up where I left off over 6 months ago. I can do the same with any of my other game accounts. That means money in their wallet, otherwise I wouldn't bother. TSO is just too harsh.

Flame away if you want, but I probably won't read it. I"m just stating my 2 cents and moving on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree on it just being to harsh to 'delete' the sim. Once it is moved off it's real estate, it should stay in the game should the player wish to return.

Just about any other 'online' game I've participated with have kept my avatars. Heck I've never paid a cent into SL, but my avatar is still alive even after about um....4 years? I quit paying Toontown for over a year and my toons were still there too. EQ....I've never paid for that either even after the trial and my EQ toon is still there too.

EA needs to reconsider 'deleting' inactive sim and just place in 'deactivated' so that it doesn't continue to accrue days/locks but can be reactivated later.

G

Grinch:

I am not asking for special treatment. I was proud of my accomplishments in TSO, yes, but I don't consider myself to be better than other players because of them, nor more deserving of anything. I did not play much because I did not have the time. If I had the time, I would have played. Answer me this: when you have to do a lot of work for college, which should be the higher priority: The Sims Online, or education? As much as I love TSO, education is far more important to me, but I still accepted the fact that I would still need to pay, even if I could not play, if I wanted my sims. So I did, and because of the billing issue, my sims are still gone. Losing my property is fine, I can accept that, but deleting sims is just wrong, really. Delete them if the user is banned, but don't delete them because of cancellation, or worse, and in my case, a billing issue. I doubt that a few sims even take up a lot of server resources.

Thanks to most of you for your words of support. A few people in Alphaville generously gave me 1.5 million Simoleans, a few rare pets, and some other expensive things, such as a plasma TV (well, at least I have one in a computer game now!). That was really nice, and if most people are nice like they were, then I would continue because of the community alone. Sure beats the days of mafias and scammers. And hey, people actually remember me!

I will try to contact a dev, but I don't know who I could contact. It's worth a shot, though. I really hope that something can be done about the ridiculous sim purging, at some point. Anyway, I did vote "yes" to the poll, so that is a start.