• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Management - Re: Email Question

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have used the same email for UO ever since I started playing back in 1998. Unfortunately, it is a Yahoo email, and I no longer trust Yahoo because I've had a malware problem with their site. My virus program catches it when it happens, but I'd really prefer not to rely on Yahoo for email any longer. The only important thing I have left that is connected to Yahoo is my UO account.

Question: Am I likely to run into any problems on Account Management if I try to change my email address, and how can I safely change it? (I have rarely used Account Management over the years (i.e. have never changed my email address or done anything other than subscribe/unsubscribe or apply codes).

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thank you. I've looked at it and find it a tad confusing (and don't recall ever creating any special secret word). Guess I'm just one of those old dogs who have trouble learning new tricks. Although I was hoping to preserve my original account just in case I wanted to come back, maybe it's time for me to cut loose from the lingering nostalgia.

Again, thank you for responding!

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess I'm just one of those old dogs who have trouble learning new tricks.
Nope, even the new youngsters with Degrees in Applied Quantum Maths have trouble with the UO account management. ;)
The secret words came a long time after you would have set up the account so like most of us you dont have one set up.....try making EA CS try and understand that in a phone call......

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thank you. I've looked at it and find it a tad confusing (and don't recall ever creating any special secret word). Guess I'm just one of those old dogs who have trouble learning new tricks. Although I was hoping to preserve my original account just in case I wanted to come back, maybe it's time for me to cut loose from the lingering nostalgia.

Again, thank you for responding!
Like you, I never had a security question. I followed the instructions and it actually prompted me to establish one (or more)! Amazing! Ennyhoo, take it one step at a time and you should be okay.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. I'll be deciding what to do in the near future. Who knows... I may decide to come back again.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron