• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Hacked and Hi-Jacked but EA offices are closed...what to do?

• Thread starter imported_Founder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Founder

What should I do if my account got hijacked and EA offices are closed. I want to cancel my subscription immediately but Login/PW don't work. I get "One PW every 12 hours error" and I suspect that the email was changed anyway.

I just want to cancel my account because I know that my stuff is long gone by now and I was told by friends that my sims are no longer in EAL/CC.

I tried these 2 numbers, but they are both closed for today:

1-650-628-1001
1-866-543-5435

Oh well, first hacking in 5 years...I guess I was due. Good thing I didn't lose much: Just 50K in EAL and rare pets sitting in production city.

Anyone has any other numbers for me to try?

M

maximumNugget

<blockquote><hr>

What should I do if my account got hijacked and EA offices are closed. I want to cancel my subscription immediately but Login/PW don't work. I get "One PW every 12 hours error" and I suspect that the email was changed anyway.

I just want to cancel my account because I know that my stuff is long gone by now and I was told by friends that my sims are no longer in EAL/CC.

I tried these 2 numbers, but they are both closed for today:

1-650-628-1001
1-866-543-5435

Oh well, first hacking in 5 years...I guess I was due. Good thing I didn't lose much: Just 50K in EAL and rare pets sitting in production city.

Anyone has any other numbers for me to try?

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to send a email to this person, and tell him what happen in full

give the name of your sim in EAL, and what is missing,

[email protected] he will try to help !

but here is one thing you might want to chage your pass wrod now!

I

imported_Founder

thanks...I actually contacted him. However I was at work and couldnt tell him much. He said he would get in touch with me within the hour but never did. And no, Im not complaining, because he's always a great help and always busy. However, Im just interested in cancelling my account...I think my subscription will rolloever in 3-4 days. And again...I cant change PW because I cant get into my account. But yeah, I changed my email PW.

G

ya know i was in ea land earlier and some sim imed me and apparently others too and said they were leaving tso and gave out an login name and password. i ignored it, but i bet the info given out may have been your login info? sims were told to hurry and take anything they wanted, but to not change the password. i thought it was rather odd, but i didnt save any of the info or who sent it to me figuring it was some jokester.

V

vapd3317

Sounds like all the DEVs have to do is get the name of the sim that sent the message. Unless of course, they logged your sim in to send it. Then I would think, there would be some way to trace the ip or something to find out who sent it. *not a techie, so not sure*

I

imported_LFancey

Founder,

I have had no contact from you. I was in my office until after 7:30 PM. I have not said I would contact anyone with in the hour.

My work e-mail is empty as is my inbox here.

Lee

H

HoTDeViL

I got this Message in game also and i reported it immediately. same did my roomie.
I also contacted Lee about in yahoo, and when he answered i already had gotten the ingame message from a game master that the report went thru and they are looking into it

D

dinaj

I have this mental pic of the Dev's running into an alley stripping off their nerdy Dev clothes and reappearing in spandex and a cape, singing ... HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY ....

GO DEV'S GOOOOOOO

what??? It gives me a good giggle ...

I

imported_SimTripps

Was your account hacked during that evil phishing that happened?

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Was your account hacked during that evil phishing that happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

No...he didn't get fooled like I did lol...
but thankfully it was caught in time and I didn't lose anything.
I am however extremely paranoid of it all now. lol.

Sorry about what happened to you founder

I

imported_SimTripps

Ya really - me too! How did the hack happen, Founder? No one, regardless of how long they've played, is 'due' to have their account hacked lol...

They should be able to trace the logs and see which IP addy logged into your account. If you've been using this account for 5 years, the server logs would indicate that you've logged into the game from the same IP/geographic location, unless your IP has changed, or if you've moved cities/states, etc. If your account has been hijacked, suddenly a new IP address will be logging in with your user ID, and most likely from a different city/state - this would be an indicator that something is amiss lol...

I

imported_Founder

Thank You all for responses and concerns. Also I been told that before deleting my sims, the perpetrator went on a rampage and cursed some people out via PM. I apologize to anyone who had to be affected by this. No, its wasnt evil phishing, but it was via "brute force" hacking. Therefore my tip to those who only have 4-character passwords like I did, change it to something that is difficult to figure out.

Also, thanks to Lee and company for trying to get my sims and stuff back. Hopefully it will happen.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also I been told that before deleting my sims, the perpetrator went on a rampage and cursed some people out via PM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I got one of those ! I logged into a very charming offline message the other day .... not

Sorry to hear about what happened to you, I hope that you get your account and stuff back soon.

Polly

G

It's no longer linked to in the Main Page, but - thankfully, the article still exists...

Network Security

It was written with home networking in mind, but the section on Passwords is very applicable here. Anyone who is using a weak password - for example, common dictionary words, names, birthdates, etc. - needs to read up on that!

If someone knows your username, it can take less than an hour to brute-force one's way into an account protected only by a weak password.