• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Accepting Items For The NRAG Absentee Auction

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After seeing the absolutely fantastic absentee auction at the last rares fest, I decided to give Napa Valley its own version! The current plan is to have this either monthly or bi-weekly depending on demand.

I currently have eight slots open for the auction running 8/2-8/8.

Items must have a starting bid of 5M or better. You can find more information in this thread:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=217613

Please PM or ICQ (251457475) me if you have an item or items on Napa you would like to submit for the auction.

Thanks!

D

DVI

so i didnt see any information about this. do we have to transfer our own items to the shard?

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i didnt see any information about this. do we have to transfer our own items to the shard?
At the current time I don't have any plans to transfer items in. This is geared to be more of a Napa specific event than the large rares fests that draw people from all over. I know a lot of us actually have characters on different shards that participate in events. I decided to make the announcement here as well as in the Napa shard forum to reach both the native Napa collectors as well as the visitors that may come to our shard on occasion.

Having said that, any time I'm personally planning a transfer to Napa from some other shard I can make some transfer services available to those who would like to move items to Napa. I am planning a transfer from Legends to Napa sometime soon, but I don't think it will be in time for this auction. If it is though I'll make an annoucement.

Hope that answers your question.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
will the house be able to be set private during the auction?
Isnt my house lol but... public houses with vendors inside cant set to private, vendor must be droped before that.

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
will the house be able to be set private during the auction?
Actually the house is an operating vendor mall, so where the auction at the rares fest had the ability to do that, this one does not. What I am doing here instead is limiting the item turnover to adding items before the auction starts, and removing them after the auction is over. In other words all items in the auction will be locked down for the entire week. It's not as dynamic as the auction at the rares fest, but then it won't be as man power intensive either.

As far as being able to securely add and remove items goes, prior to server down all access to the auction room is set to house owner only. When the shard comes back up the items can only be accessed by me and even if a person could avoid the detect hidden check they couldn't get around the shard bounce.

I know that this setup is limited in certain ways compared to the one at the festival. My goal was to provide Napa with a viable auction with a minimal man power commitment (basically me). I've been wanting to setup an auction for a while, and what you guys did at the rares fest is by far the best setup I can think of for the resources I can bring to bear.

If you have suggestions though they are always welcome. The goal is to make this a viable recurring event for the community, so any way I can make it better I will.

D

DVI

To be completely honest it strikes me as risky and more work than what the festival required.

Also, you have PAH which offers rares auctions nearly monthly, and does free transfers from a select shard each month which inclines collectors from off shard to attend.

Graywand

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be completely honest it strikes me as risky and more work than what the festival required.

Also, you have PAH which offers rares auctions nearly monthly, and does free transfers from a select shard each month which inclines collectors from off shard to attend.
Is it as secure as locking down the entire building? No it isn't. Is it more secure than a normal auction house where they lock and unlock things in front of the crowd separated by a counter and involve multiple people? Well, yes I think so.

I'm happy for PAH, but quite frankly I'm doing this for the people of Napa, so I'm not competing with anyone since we don't have a single auction on this shard that I'm aware of. My goal is not to bring in people from other shards, it is to give MY HOME SHARD an auction that is within my current resources. If people from other shards drop by that's great, but it has absolutely zero effect on whether or not I accomplish my goal.

I just made the announcement here because not everyone reads the Napa shard forum.

Thanks for your input though. 8)

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have items up for auction and I beleive that they are 100% safe. If something did happen to them then it was my choice to turn them over. I'm very happy that NRAG took the time to set this up for us Napa players. We have many great rares and I hope everyone uses this to get rid of unwanted items. I'll be there buying them up.

Tom