• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Academic Bookcase

G

gordwan

I am trying to craft an Academic Bookcase in the carpentry menu. It requires an Academic Book as an ingredient. My question is what is an Academic Book and where do i find one so that i may craft the item?

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a new level 8 artifact that only spawns in the Bedlam champ spawn area, Chances are its already gone on whatever shard your on and I wouldn't hold my breath on actually getting one, as they are in very high demand right now, and I can pretty much guarantee that there are hidden scripting thieves already down there waiting for it to respawn in, I think, 8 days (might be wrong on the time period, but if so, someone will correct me).

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah so another great UO Fail. Ah well, I figured anything that seemed too good to be true was. I doubt I will be lining the pocket of anyone for an item that was given as a gift to Japaneese players.

F

Fink

There are two spawn points for the academic books. One in the south room of the champ spawn in Bedlam, one in the building west of the stables area opposite Red Death. The books look like Doom stacks but are of bronze hue.

They do respawn every 8 days, yes, so figure an average of one bookcase every 4 days per shard. Assuming the books are nabbed as soon as they respawn... *cough* BOT *cough*... that's roughly 90 bookcases per shard per year, probably enough for 2-4 typical rune libraries.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if this started on the 18th, that would be the 25th or 26th for next time, if so what woud be the next day?

And is it at server up?

If anyone knows on ATL we could at least meke it more difficult since we could have ALOT of peeps there trying?

J

Jusdon

thanks for the information. I've been going nuts trying to find these elusive books and now that I know about them I suppose I'll never get one, let alone the 10 I wanted to create academic bookcases for my library... :)

W

Wilde1

They do respawn every 8 days, yes, so figure an average of one bookcase every 4 days per shard.

I think they spawn every 8 days in one or the other spot, not once in each spot every 4 days.

I camped the spot where I looted some 8 days before and they never popped, but someone else was camping the other spot and left after the respawn timer was up for the stack I stole (assuming he got them but dont know for sure).

Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whys everyone gotta b*tch about new items like this....i like the fact its harder to get the items true every 8 days that only 2 spawn is a little overboard on the difficulty but the idea in general is not that bad........the new hitching posts i can make about 8 a day at no cost to me for example people just gotta put work into it.

R

Robthemilt

there was very little pancakes in this thread until you started. Just pointing out that there would be scripting thieves. Until you everyone was looking for info.