• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Above-head title of someone's home shard?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Granted, I've been away from full time play for 4 years, coming back to full time play in September.

SO MUCH HAS CHANGED! :)

Some things make UO life harder... some easier. So many friends gone and so on.

I've been doing a lot of transfers between Atlantic and Izumo... Atlantic and Pac (rare)... Atlantic and Napa (rare). Nonetheless... its not just my transfer guy. I see some strange titles above heads in passing, almost every single day. So, to say, "Joe Blow" "of Atlantic" for example. Mostly, I see these "home shard" titles... on that shard in question. So, Atlantic on Atlantic. I also see this on Izumo, as I do play a bit on that shard.

How is this happening?

I look all over. My guys title menus. The transfer guy. I never see any kind of prompt for a shard title.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You get it from copying a character to TC

HomeShard.jpg

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some want the homeshard there.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, once you've copied a character over to TC that will allow you to also put that title on that toon on your normal home shard as well.
actually i believe its any transfer be it to TC or normal production shard that will trigger this.

as you can only copy to TC once every 24hours i invested some time a while back and copied over my main mage from each shard over so while they all have the same name they each have a shard specific title behind their name.
just looks nice when you are helping someone on another shard, they see your name and then they see that its your shard iteration of that character.
my OCD smiled that day.

i also use it on my transfer character, keep his home shard above his head.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya, once you've copied a character over to TC that will allow you to also put that title on that toon on your normal home shard as well.
actually i believe its any transfer be it to TC or normal production shard that will trigger this...
THAT is an amazing little trick! Some reason, I couldn't copy anyone today... for some unknown reason. Maybe its an unpublished reason. BUT, I have someone on test... that I copied... to find/build a custom caste for fun. When, I looked on the title's menu of the same girl on Atlantic... she has the title option. However, it took major effort to get NAUGHTY titled!!! hehe. I wont give that up. Besides, I really only wanted to dub the traveler with the Atlantic title... who will go to 3 other shards. However, I think it should be a free option without jumping through so many hoops for anyone living on the home shard they are on. Like, those who dont have guilds.

A big THANK YOU to both of you with such a "on target" advice on this one. :)