• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] About two strange working tools :)

D

Drafgard

I'm curious to know about the hammer and pickaxe in this picture. I'm not sure if their a quest item, a rare, or what they are.. If anyone knows i'd be greatful for a slice of their knowledge :)

Excuse the nasty colours too! :)

Thankyou :)

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
while i know nothing of the origins of these two items i know Hephaestus could be basically described as the greek god of blacksmithy to keep it simple. but nontheless he was a greek god in mythology.

M

Melissa Rohan

Aren't they 2 rewards from the New Haven quests, Mining and Smithing? I seem to recall them mentioned a few months ago.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep both rewarded from new haven quests, the pickaxe slowly recharges so it good indefinitely

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Hammer regenerates as well.

Note that if you use the pick with gloves of mining, you must equip the pick, THEN equip the gloves, for them to be accumulative (and the pick still won't put you over 100 mining by itself, and you can't use another tool to dig while it's equipped).

Theve's been described in the Craftsman forum since at least last spring.