• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] About to craft plate chest, need to confirm procedure

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Hello,

Sometimes too much information is as bad as not enough. Been reading thru forum and I think I got the idea but just want to confirm. I will detail what I have available as tools/talisman further down. I will also explain what I am trying to achieve so if you want to chip in on how you would do it. I am fine with that. Notice that I play a Sampire in metal armor ( For the stam loss reduction).

Steps :

Create plate chest ( What Material ? and using which tool )
Powder of fortification to 255
Greater Reforging ( Mighty / Of vitality ) (which tools ? )
Enhancing (for fire resit if needed, what mat should I use ?) got forged metal of artifact
Imbuing to get the stats at the level needed

Am I getting this right ? Also, what are the mats/tools I should use for each process where i have asked in ( )

I got about 20 Valorite Runic Hammer
An Ancient Runic Hammer
A Blacksmith Talisman ( +30% Exceptional +24% Blacksmithing )
My Crafter is 100 Arms Lore, 120 Blacksmith, 120 Tailor, 120 Imbue, 90 tinkering (Been too lazy to raise it lol )

Template of my Sampire is:

120 Sword
120 Anatomy /120 Spell resist
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
99 Necro
75 Parry ( for now increased by ring and bracelet )
66 Chivalry

I will post my current gear and stats in a next post so suit builder can point me in the right Direction on how to maximize my gear by crafting new ring, bracelet, chest, arms and weapon.

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Here is My current Sampire Gear:

Conjurer's Trinket (Duelist's Edge when Fighting Repond)
Epaulette Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn
Corgul's Enchanted Sash
Gloves of Feudal Grip
Boots of Escaping ( Arcane boots to cast VE )
Norse Helm Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn
Gladiator's Collar
Despicable Quiver (Fire)
Crimson Cincture
Britches of Warding (Damage eater)
Using Double axes but will make new ones to remove DI and SSI which will go on ring and bracelet

I also have Swordsmanship Mastery 3 and Vesper (5% SSI).

Stats are:

144 Str ( 149 when I reach 6 months old )
144 Dex
10 Int
142 HP
165 Stam
30 Mana (Elf)
7 HPR
1 SR
5 MR

Resist :

78 Physical
62 Cold
63 Poison
61 Energy
73 Fire
9 Damage eater

Attack :

SS will be at 1.25 with ring and bracelet and Stamina over 180
HCI 40/45
SSI 5 (25 with ring and bracelet)
DI 50 (100 with ring and bracelet)

Defense :

RPD 5/105
DCI 15/45

Magic :
LMC 12/40

Slots I have available are:

Chest
Arms
Ring/Bracelet (Which I plan Buying a set with each 10 SSI and 25 DI )
Double Axes ( 100% elemental damage, Slayer or Super Slayer, 62 mana Leech and 50 Stam Leech)

I still have some good gaps too fill in, Ring bracelet could be used to raise Parry, Chiv and Necro (30 parry and get the last 15 to get to 120 from lowering Chiv or Necro by 15).
Chest and Arms are virgin so, will need to have 22 fire resist on both and minimal of the other resists to get them to 70, that gives some room for dex, stam, str and other.
Weapon will have 2 spare imbu slot too.

Any help figuring this out ?

Thank you

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You enhance after imbuing to add resists - it’s the last step. You can only enhance regular iron, so craft from that. Agapite gives the most fire resist. See uoguide.com metal for the resists that the different metals will add - add that in your calculations to know how much resists you have to add through imbuing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  1. You can only reforge NON-MAGICAL items in Base material. So, You'd make the plate tunic in iron, with a normal hammer/tongs, or maybe an ASH to get it to be 100% exceptional chance.
  2. I'm not sure which tool to use for reforging (others around here know more on the subject than me)
  3. Depending on which level of runic you use, you may not have room for imbuing. As Yadd said, if you imbue, you do it before enhancing. (you can always look at the weights before enhancing and how much the metal will add, to see if you even need to). If you use a valorite hammer, you're almost certain to have too high properties to alter it with imbuing. On the bright side, if you DON'T imbue, and don't make the item brittle through reforging choices, you can continue to use powder on the item as needed.
  4. Agapite and Verite are the choices for enhancement - agapite gives the more even spread, while verite weights physical and poison the same as fire while energy is a point weaker. As a sampire, Agapite is the better choice.

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Ok so I gave it a shot, created my first item, got a question tho, the piece I have made has already 8% LMC, If I Imbue it with 8% LMC, will it stay at 8% LMC or it will add to it and be 16% LMC ?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok so I gave it a shot, created my first item, got a question tho, the piece I have made has already 8% LMC, If I Imbue it with 8% LMC, will it stay at 8% LMC or it will add to it and be 16% LMC ?
When imbuing the same attribute, it will imbue over top and replace what's already there, so it will remain at 8 percent LMC

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Steps :

Create plate chest ( What Material ? and using which tool )
Powder of fortification to 255
Greater Reforging ( Mighty / Of vitality ) (which tools ? )
Enhancing (for fire resit if needed, what mat should I use ?) got forged metal of artifact
Imbuing to get the stats at the level needed
You don't need to POF before reforging. Only before imbuing. You can reforge an item and then POF it.

What are you trying to craft by the way?

Mobidoy

Adventurer
You don't need to POF before reforging. Only before imbuing. You can reforge an item and then POF it.

What are you trying to craft by the way?
Platemail Chest and Sleeve, that needs 22 fire resist total, Dex, Int, Stam increase and Mana Increase.

Then I need to do Ring and Bracelet with 10 SSI Each, 25 DI Each, then debating on the rest.

My Sampire has 120 in Bushido, Sword, Tactics and anatomy/spell resist.

99 to necro,
75 Parry
66 Chivalry

Was looking into adding 15 parry and Chivalry on both Jewelry, and drop Chiv to 51, with the +30 it would take me to 81 and I could put it in Parry to raise it to 90 giving me 120 to it.

Just not sure If I should go 81 Parry and 120 Chivalry tho.

Then on my double axes, They will have slayer or super slayer, Max Mana Leech, Stamina Leech, Hit Lower defense probably and something else if there is anything left.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will need to reforge the chest and sleeves (minor reforge) to get the dex. I think 4 or 5 is the max.

Then you can imbue on the stamina and mana after. It will probably be loads easier just to buy a legendary piece as those stats are pretty each to find in metal armour.

As for the jewels you will have to find some with 10 SSI and other mods that fit. These again can only be found as loot if you need the SSI.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, note that the skills cost 1.4 in terms of weight.

So, instead of 100 weight, a skill at +15 will count as 140 points in the jewelry imbue.

So 10% SSI, 25% DI, and 2 skills at +15 will be 36.6 + 100 + 140 + 140 = 416.66666 intensity. (If I'm remembering correctly that SSI still treats 30% as max intensity even if it only shows up at 10% max))