• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About these mobile reaper summons...

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, hubby & I have been wreaking devastation down in the Exodus Dungeon to get keys. Two necro weavers, max animated dead, and summoned reapers. Yesterday, his reaper followed him down a corridor. Today, mine chased an almost dead minion when it moved away. Probably one of the stranger game things that's happened to either of us. It was a very definite ''wtaf?'' moment for both of us!

Are they supposed to do this, and our previous summons have just been lacking the facility for some reason? Or is this something new?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like they got hit with the lag stick whilst attacking said mobs.
Seen mobs run thru mountains and over oceans due to attack lag.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think so. No lag here today, not even a wee bit. And it was not a sudden rubber band thing, it was a definite, deliberate movement. The damn roots were like legs on the thing! As far as I know, they're not supposed to wander about the place chasing spawn or following players, they're supposed to stay in one spot and smack anything that comes near!

Theoraln

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I know the kind of effect you are referring to I've seen that before but usually only on mobile mobs or summons, but never on what I thought was a static summon lag just wouldn't affect it that way at worst lag would delay the AOE of the Reaper summon and then you might see several all happen at once but not movement like this because it's not supposed to move. Or rather that's what I thought, but I definitely had my summoned reaper follow me at least 8 tiles down a corridor in Exodus dungeon before it disappeared.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have seen the summoned reapers move before as well. Never been able to pinpoint exactly what causes it, but there is some effect that seems to release them once it happens.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! If nothing else, we at least know that if we've gone crazy, it's not just us!

We were both down in Exodus when it happened, but not together. One in a corridor, the other in the corner of one of the rooms. It was the usual spawn for down there.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to know what triggers it, even if it does creep me out just the tiniest bit.

It's a tree. If it starts moving about, it stops being a tree and becomes a triffid, and we all know how that ended!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd love to know what triggers it, even if it does creep me out just the tiniest bit.

It's a tree. If it starts moving about, it stops being a tree and becomes a triffid, and we all know how that ended!
I was thinking either more of MacBeth or Lord of the Rings.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, triffid. I get where you're coming from, but summoned reapers smack ALL the things, good or bad, blue or grey or red. And then there's the walking on roots like legs - think octopus - thing. Triffid!

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, i can remember an old bug that used to cause corpder's to become mobile(like a whipping vine) that peep used to use to grief new players (a lot)in haven, Maybe it is related.

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
but summoned reapers smack ALL the things, good or bad, blue or grey or red
Would not have been funny if they also hit players, during the Halloween event haha! ;) But on a more serious note, we seem to remember that they were mobile when we first summoned them? But they hardly did damage then so we stopped using them for a long time. And we have also seen regular reapers move sometimes, that we are sure of. Also no idea why though...
[edit: Thanks for clearing that up Covenant! You posted just before us!]

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the reapers move after they've been stunned/paralyzed by certain things... Golems will make them move in Exodus dungeon.

There wasn't a golem there, it was all sentinels, the mostly dead minion it chased after, and a couple of the wee blue dudes. Hubbys wasn't hit by a golem either, it was a minion or a sentinal.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would not have been funny if they also hit players, during the Halloween event haha! ;) But on a more serious note, we seem to remember that they were mobile when we first summoned them? But they hardly did damage then so we stopped using them for a long time. And we have also seen regular reapers move sometimes, that we are sure of. Also no idea why though...
[edit: Thanks for clearing that up Covenant! You posted just before us!]
I'm glad too - but they do keep the wee blue dudes down in Exodus entertained until I can wither spam them to death!

I wasn't here when these were 'new', but I know I've never seen a 'wild' one move. Then again, I'd never seen an ogre fight one til just before christmas, outside my house. Then I called hubby & the kids to come look, cos I honestly thought I was seeing things! I've also recently discovered that liches, when moved from their natural environment, will kill things like zombies & ghouls but leave the native spawn alone.

I'm starting to think the code in this game is so old, it's taken on sentience!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've never seen a wild one move like described here (walking?), but I have seen them teleport. That is really strange. Dunno if they still do it but I used to train Resist up on Reaper Point by Yew. That's where I saw it happen ... and damn near died from it because I didn't watch my HP. Jeez.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There wasn't a golem there, it was all sentinels, the mostly dead minion it chased after, and a couple of the wee blue dudes. Hubbys wasn't hit by a golem either, it was a minion or a sentinal.
Some of those blue warrior guys might have a special that could stun/para the reapers, the only way to get any stationary mobs to move is to get them stunned by something, once the stun wears off they're able to move. you use to be able to provoke wild golems on the harrower in wrong, after the golem hit the harrower for about ~8k damage or so (Golems "Collossal blow"), it could move after the stun had worn off, That was before Dungeon Wrong had gotten revamped though, no fel dungeon has wild golems anymore, at least not that the harrower can spawn in. =X

I know wild golems can do it, I'm just not so sure about anything else in the Exodus dungeon. I almost never go there.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed the wee blue dudes mortal, but haven't seen any stun/para effects from them. The only time I get para'd down there is if something casts it.