• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About the latest updates to the publish

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Changes since last update:
  • Fixed issue where part of the Zipactriotl encounter would not get built out properly.
  • The Barrab Hemolymph potion cannot be used while under the effects of Confidence. Confidence cannot be used while under the hit point regeneration effect of the Barrab Hemolymph potion.
  • Players on the “Salty Sea” quest can always fish up the special messages in a bottle regardless of fishing skill.
  • Increased the spawn of Deep Sea Serpents and Krakens in the South Britannian sea.
  • Reduced the number of items required to complete the “Hidden Treasures” quest.
  • Fixed issue where sometimes players would be unable to mark quest items for the “Zealotry of Zipactriotl” quest. Quit and reacquire the quest to fix this issue.
  • Updated links in the Virtue gump and help menu.
  • The Alacrity Book title page now displays correctly.

Not sure how many people are doing these.

I was on the Salty Sea Quest last night and only found 3 sea creatures in a little over 30 minutes.

This morning after maintenance I set sail once again to see if the increased spawn rate helped any.

I started at 8:36 and took a break at 9:09. In that 33 minutes I killed 9 Water Elementals, 2 Sea Serpents, 2 Deep Sea Serpents and 3 Krakens. I went back at it a bit later and in 14 minutes killed another 3 Sea Serpents and 1 Deep Sea Serpent. So for a total of 47 minutes I still need 4 Sea Serpents, 5 Deep Sea Serpents and 2 Krakens.

The spawn rate is MUCH better, but it's been almost an hour and I'm still not done. Now, I am just sailing around the Jhelom Islands so there may be more out further but if you end up sailing too far you won't get credit for the kills.

Once I am finished with this leg of the quest I will be able to test the other changes, so far the upped spawn rate has helped quite a bit but I can't help but think it could be upped just a wee bit more...not MUCH...I don't want instant gratification but I also don't want to spend an hour or more just doing one part of an already long quest chain. Thank you Kyronix for listening! :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do wonder if the monsters that spawn from tossing salvage hooks would count for this.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When we did this quest the first time, we threw nets and those counted, so I think as long as you're in the South Sea they would count. We even had one of our fishers out with us fishing hoping to fish up some serpents and those counted as well, but were few and far between.