• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

about that guy behind brit bank...

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ok after some deep breathing and loud guitar playing i feel better!!
I am glad the Dev listened and lowered prices!!
I might or might not have bought items from that guy behind Brit bank in the past
i might or might now buy some things again
while i do not for the life me understand why EA/BS have not put the guy behind Brit bank out of biz
i do wish they would join him in selling the things i might or might not buy
simply price things lower and we buy from the store instead of the ally behind brit bank....

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok after some deep breathing and loud guitar playing i feel better!!
I am glad the Dev listened and lowered prices!!
I might or might not have bought items from that guy behind Brit bank in the past
i might or might now buy some things again
while i do not for the life me understand why EA/BS have not put the guy behind Brit bank out of biz
i do wish they would join him in selling the things i might or might not buy
simply price things lower and we buy from the store instead of the ally behind brit bank....
What are you talking about?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
McDougle is just overly chatty, he blows up the official forums every day with nonsense too.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you talking about?
He's talking bout if the devs would put stuff, including gold, in the UOstore at a decent price for people to buy, they would buy from UO instead of 3rd party sites (the guy in the alley behind the bank).

It still amazes me that one website will sell transfer tokens cheaper than UO does...and my friend tells me they work everytime. (just don't get them from the one spamming ingame every 30 mins)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's talking bout if the devs would put stuff, including gold, in the UOstore at a decent price for people to buy, they would buy from UO instead of 3rd party sites (the guy in the alley behind the bank).

It still amazes me that one website will sell transfer tokens cheaper than UO does...and my friend tells me they work everytime. (just don't get them from the one spamming ingame every 30 mins)
Oh well, that's a terrible idea. Even if stuff like gold and the like were sold on 3rd party sites, it still had to be obtained in game somehow. Just having the official store sell gold or items you can otherwise get in game would do a lot of harm I think.

As for selling transfer token for less than they UO store, I don't know about that one. Gotta be some angle. Using that as a reason to get you to come back to their services maybe? Dunno.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh well, that's a terrible idea. Even if stuff like gold and the like were sold on 3rd party sites, it still had to be obtained in game somehow. Just having the official store sell gold or items you can otherwise get in game would do a lot of harm I think.

As for selling transfer token for less than they UO store, I don't know about that one. Gotta be some angle. Using that as a reason to get you to come back to their services maybe? Dunno.
As for that often in other Origin stores in other countries the sale of things is lower priced than in the US. Likely those sites can use means to buy things most of us can't from foreign stores cheaper. At one time I heard buying in Brazil or something it was cheaper than the US prices.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As for that often in other Origin stores in other countries the sale of things is lower priced than in the US. Likely those sites can use means to buy things most of us can't from foreign stores cheaper. At one time I heard buying in Brazil or something it was cheaper than the US prices.
Makes sense.

Merth

Journeyman

You are assuming the stuff sold on third party sites is being obtained in game legally. Not through scriptung/hacking/duping etc. This is how UO combats those methods. If I want to buy gold do I give my money to UO (hopefully to be used on UO) or to a person out to make a buck? I choose UO everytime!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are assuming the stuff sold on third party sites is being obtained in game legally. Not through scriptung/hacking/duping etc. This is how UO combats those methods. If I want to buy gold do I give my money to UO (hopefully to be used on UO) or to a person out to make a buck? I choose UO everytime!
Some people will buy based on price.

And a lot of people will buy based on service!!! and (according to a friend) one 3rd party site outperforms UO every time. Every time.

Want to buy more than one of an item without having to perform magic tricks? they can do that!
Want it delivered now? instead of waiting till Monday for them to process your credit card? They can do that now.
Have a question? Live Chat with the click of a button.

IF EA/BS/Mythic/UO wants to make all the money, they need to give the service. And get the prices down. Peeps say the 3rd party sites sell dupes, and thats how they can undersell BS. ********. BS and EA create the stuff lol, there is no reason anyone anywhere should be underselling them.
And since it's their products, there's no reason anyone should give better service delivering them.
But it happens all the time.

Merth

Journeyman

And a lot of people will buy based on service!!! and (according to a friend) one 3rd party site outperforms UO every time. Every time.

Want to buy more than one of an item without having to perform magic tricks? they can do that!
Want it delivered now? instead of waiting till Monday for them to process your credit card? They can do that now.

IF EA/BS/Mythic/UO wants to make all the money, they need to give the service. And get the prices down. Peeps say the 3rd party sites sell dupes, and thats how they can undersell BS. ********. BS and EA create the stuff lol, there is no reason anyone anywhere should be underselling them.
And since it's their products, there's no reason anyone should give better service delivering them.
Im not debating any of these things (no experience using them so have no clue). Im just saying “Are we looking for ways to improve the game, economy, player base, service etc?” Or is it whats going to be best for “me”.

I think UO can have a resurgence if the focus would be on fixing the current issues (if those can even be agreed upon) before trying to add yet another pumpkin face, snowflake, valentines card worthless piece of deco that adds nothing to the game but takes a developer weeks to code. Or maybe we need yet another 100 mil pot of flourescent dye so our pet sewer rat can glow in the dark.

Without clear direction on where this game is going and how to get there its all irrelevant anyways.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You either have one party theoretically duping, or you have two parties doing it, compounding the problem. The only problem it would potentially solve is having dupers dupe less, but it replaces illegal dupers with essential legal dupers that everyone can engage without going to a third party site, or worrying about any repercussions. It's like fighting a fire with a bomb.

Last edited:

uokings7

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not debating any of these things (no experience using them so have no clue). Im just saying “Are we looking for ways to improve the game, economy, player base, service etc?” Or is it whats going to be best for “me”.

I think UO can have a resurgence if the focus would be on fixing the current issues (if those can even be agreed upon) before trying to add yet another pumpkin face, snowflake, valentines card worthless piece of deco that adds nothing to the game but takes a developer weeks to code. Or maybe we need yet another 100 mil pot of flourescent dye so our pet sewer rat can glow in the dark.

Without clear direction on where this game is going and how to get there its all irrelevant anyways.
I, personally, want a giant herd of glowing sewer rats thank you. I want a herd of them to park just inside the Del T2A entrance.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well anything that's just new art takes no time to code. It just takes time for artists to art them up.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Gold was duped (and IMHO still is) in mass quantities and as for the Xfer tokens the answer is simple they were either bought from EA at a HUGE discount and still are or they were and still are being duped.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold was duped (and IMHO still is) in mass quantities and as for the Xfer tokens the answer is simple they were either bought from EA at a HUGE discount and still are or they were and still are being duped.
Yeah, I know duping has happened, and probably still does happen with some level of regularity, but a lot of gold also came from 20 years of thousands of players constantly farming gold.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I know duping has happened, and probably still does happen with some level of regularity, but a lot of gold also came from 20 years of thousands of players constantly farming gold.
How long ago was it the UO destroyed TRILLIONS that is 1,000,000,000,000 that is way to many zeros to be from spawns and that is just 1 trillion and what was it 20 times that amount destroyed and you think they got it all, no way.

From the latest newsletter
Update on actioned accounts to date:
Abuse of game mechanics 5
Distruptive Behavior 16
Naming violation 5
Solicitation 7
Unattended Macroing 39
Duping 11
Multiboxing 13

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Sounds like your "friend" talk to you a lot about that stuff. Thanks for being a part of the problem that infest this game...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Possibly..multiboxing to me is running two computers side by side and one person playingvtwo accounts at the same time??
Aye, that´s multi-clienting. When you control the chars individually.
Multiboxing is when you control two or more chars simultaneously with one key.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
How long ago was it the UO destroyed TRILLIONS that is 1,000,000,000,000 that is way to many zeros to be from spawns and that is just 1 trillion and what was it 20 times that amount destroyed and you think they got it all, no way.

Distruptive Behavior 16
Naming violation 5
Solicitation 7
Unattended Macroing 39
Duping 11
Multiboxing 13

I'm going to explain this very clearly, and I hope it helps the vocal dozen on stratics comprehend

The latest news letter shows their TOTAL bansn to date. Not from month to month.

If someone was actively duping like in 2005-2007 we would have an unstable market flooded with old rares, and cheap everything (due to lack of market regularity and controls). This is not the case AT ALL. Go look on Atlantic vendors how many UO store items are for sale for gold, tokens, etc - you'll see a few. In 2005-2007 you saw tons.

Duping is apparent when it's going on.

Message edited for the sake of being over it - the vocal dozen you keep yarping!

Last edited:

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Sounds like your "friend" talk to you a lot about that stuff. Thanks for being a part of the problem that infest this game...
You seem special. The best kind of special. A birthday every month kind of special

What problem is that? What infestation lol

Youre beyond disconnected

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey if my friend could get EA to offer the same service and price...
He who has the better mousetrap most always gets the business

Merth

Journeyman
I'm going to explain this very clearly, and I hope it helps the vocal dozen on stratics comprehend

The latest news letter shows their TOTAL bansn to date. Not from month to month.

If someone was actively duping like in 2005-2007 we would have an unstable market flooded with old rares, and cheap everything (due to lack of market regularity and controls). This is not the case AT ALL. Go look on Atlantic vendors how many UO store items are for sale for gold, tokens, etc - you'll see a few. In 2005-2007 you saw tons.

Duping is apparent when it's going on.

Message edited for the sake of being over it - the vocal dozen you keep yarping!
Wow! This was a civilized conversation with duping being a small part of it. Im not sure who the “vocal dozen” are that you are referring to. I play the way i play and sure I’d like to have the bazillions of gold and be able to buy whatever I want but I dont so I do what I do. My concern as a returning player is how long is the game going to continue. I dont want to reinvest more time only to have game shut down by EA. Do I care that joesmo has more gold or a bigger house no. Do i care where he gets his gold no. Do I care if these things can cause the game to shut down...obviously. And if you’re over it there is a little button to mark forums read...move on.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I think it's more important to clarify misguided threads than to let you ramble on with half truths.

EA licenses this to broadsword. EA will not shut UO down, not in the next 10-15 years, the overhead on broadswords side is low, and the return for both parties seems sufficient. If someone can find public or private data on the arrangement I'd be curious.

How is a returning player going to quit because someone else has gold?

They have years of content to experience and even power gamers get sucked into UO because of how diverse it is.

"It's unfair the websites sell gold! My friend Bob wants to sell his gold and no one buyz it! This hurts Bob and hurts EA, cus Bob has an ea t shirt."

The secondary market always exists - in every MMO. And always will. A discussion has to amount to more than a complaint. What problem are you looking to address? You want EA (multi billion ) to keep licensing UO to broadsword (small studio, doing a great job by and large)? Then keep playing, or don't. Because the overhead of this whole operation is so low that it's a little bitty cash cow anyway you look at it.

Mesanna - 70-90 max
Bleak and Kyro - (should be 100+)40-80
The rest? Can't be more than 40 a head..

So a studio that costs under 1m a year in salaries,leasing etc, and can probably clear a respectable 6 figure profit each year as a company.

What are we trying to solve here? You want gold sinks or just to complain about the multi billion dollar industry of RMT?

Merth

Journeyman
I think it's more important to clarify misguided threads than to let you ramble on with half truths.

EA licenses this to broadsword. EA will not shut UO down, not in the next 10-15 years, the overhead on broadswords side is low, and the return for both parties seems sufficient. If someone can find public or private data on the arrangement I'd be curious.

They have years of content to experience and even power gamers get sucked into UO because of how diverse it is.

"It's unfair the websites sell gold! My friend Bob wants to sell his gold and no one buyz it! This hurts Bob and hurts EA, cus Bob has an ea t shirt."

The secondary market always exists - in every MMO. And always will. A discussion has to amount to more than a complaint. What problem are you looking to address? You want EA (multi billion ) to keep licensing UO to broadsword (small studio, doing a great job by and large)? Then keep playing, or don't. Because the overhead of this whole operation is so low that it's a little bitty cash cow anyway you look at it.

Mesanna - 70-90 max

So a studio that costs under 1m a year in salaries,leasing etc, and can probably clear a respectable 6 figure profit each year as a company.

What are we trying to solve here? You want gold sinks or just to complain about the multi billion dollar industry of RMT?
This is my point which you have failed to grasp completely.
What is necessary for the game to survive and maybe even thrive again?
Im not sure where your “misguided thread” came from or how is a returning player going to quit come from?
Do you work for BS? Because you seem to think your opinions are facts.

So basically you are content with the way things are so no one else should discuss or complain?

I for one have just returned and enjoy hearing/reading different perspectives on different issues. Doesnt mean i agree or even think there is any validity to them but im not going to say “shut up and get over it” to someone voicing their opinion.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mesanna - 70-90 max

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:
Talk about miss truth.
EA DID NOT lincense UO to BS, EA hired BS to manage UO and DAoC.
You have ZERO knowledge how much EA is paying BS for this service.
EA collects all real money from UO and DAoC the only money BS sees is the money EA gives them.
And mostly you have ZERO knowledge how much anybody at BS gets paid.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

This is your second thread with this as the overall point. "Rmt is hurting UO!" It's cool your back, welcome back.

My opinions on this matter are fact, and if you'd treat them like that and work from that as your baseline you can builld something marginally constructive from it.

UO is in a great state - tons of players all over, a dev team releasing new events, and new content, and whether everyone agrees by and large making changed based on community feedback.

Pvp could use some love, Exodus needs to be fixed so it can't be stuck, basic game things.. but the overall state of the game is great.

What issue are you experiencing that I could possibly provide a solution for?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:
Talk about miss truth.
EA DID NOT lincense UO to BS, EA hired BS to manage UO and DAoC.
You have ZERO knowledge how much EA is paying BS for this service.
EA collects all real money from UO and DAoC the only money BS sees is the money EA gives them.
And mostly you have ZERO knowledge how much anybody at BS gets paid.
Wait wait.. so Broadsword, you're saying is a subsidiary of EA and not a studio that stated it makes it's money off of the UO store purchases? I believe this is well documented in a thread.

You're some clueless player, spamming a forum for thousands of hours, with no more knowledge than the guy who just installed. The embarrisng thing is you burnt tbousnda of hours of your life being a sheep with no ability to make an effect in something you've dedicated so much time to.

How's that feel? You need an emoji to really feel the shame or do the words paint the picture for you? Can you "baah" for me?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
In relation to salary - you can look up the general wage of their positions, the amount of potential revenue they are worth as individuals, and the Geo they're living in.

If mesanna makes 90 I would be surprised, if bleak and Kyro are making 80 I would be surprised though I feel they deserve more

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
:flame:Take "license agreement" and "contract to manage" ... And hit replace. Did that alter anything for you? Did that change their source of income?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait wait.. so Broadsword, you're saying is a subsidiary of EA and not a studio that stated it makes it's money off of the UO store purchases? I believe this is well documented in a thread.

You're some clueless player, spamming a forum for thousands of hours, with no more knowledge than the guy who just installed. The embarrisng thing is you burnt tbousnda of hours of your life being a sheep with no ability to make an effect in something you've dedicated so much time to.

How's that feel? You need an emoji to really feel the shame or do the words paint the picture for you? Can you "baah" for me?
So this shows how clueless you really are and have no idea what you are talking about. You think by hiring a company to do something for you makes them a subsidiary of your company, talk about being clueless. Go back to your make believe world.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
My point is they are not a subsidiary... my point is they are a stand-alone company.. you're stuck in a permanent state of ineptitude.

So license agreement or as a contracted service provider... what would that change in relation to income stream? The only reason broadsword is going this hard with EJ , the free-to-play model and the continual additions to their Origin store, would be if they have something to benefit from it outside of maintenance I would presume?

I could be wrong! But assume I am wrong, what effect does that have on the situation in regards to their income, salary, and prospective values? You're just some forum dweller with no effect on anything

Merth

Journeyman
This is your second thread with this as the overall point. "Rmt is hurting UO!" It's cool your back, welcome back.

My opinions on this matter are fact, and if you'd treat them like that and work from that as your baseline you can builld something marginally constructive from it.

UO is in a great state - tons of players all over, a dev team releasing new events, and new content, and whether everyone agrees by and large making changed based on community feedback.

Pvp could use some love, Exodus needs to be fixed so it can't be stuck, basic game things.. but the overall state of the game is great.

What issue are you experiencing that I could possibly provide a solution for?
Actually i made 1 thread posting about possible gold sinks. Ideas only based on my experience. I commented my opinions on another which is what people on forums do.

And for you to say take my opinion as fact is the most asinine thing I may have ever heard.

RMT always hurts the game...proven time and time again unless its done and controlled by the game. If it didnt it wouldnt be illegal. Personally I dont care if the powers to be dont care.

Is UO in a great state? Im not sure of that Im glad you think so and I hope you are right, but i have played multiple shards and never seen so many empty of players. With the exception of atlantic I can pretty much pick anyplace to drop a house and have no problem finding a spot.

And the only issue I have is how can I help make this a better game without being chastised for offering opinions.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My point is they are not a subsidiary... my point is they are a stand-alone company.. you're stuck in a permanent state of ineptitude.

So license agreement or as a contracted service provider... what would that change in relation to income stream? The only reason broadsword is going this hard with EJ , the free-to-play model and the continual additions to their Origin store, would be if they have something to benefit from it outside of maintenance I would presume?

I could be wrong! But assume I am wrong, what effect does that have on the situation in regards to their income, salary, and prospective values? You're just some forum dweller with no effect on anything
And again you are clueless, BS does not run the Origin store, they run their ingame store and sells nothing for real money, again EA collects all the real money and sells UO related stuff for real money not BS. I hired a company to clean my parking lot so that gives them total control of my company, what an idiot. Maybe one day you will get something right, I seriously doubt it, but maybe.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Okay let';s address these both quiickly -

1)
RMT always hurts the game...proven time and time again unless its done and controlled by the game. If it didnt it wouldnt be illegal. Personally I dont care if the powers to be dont care.

Is UO in a great state? Im not sure of that Im glad you think so and I hope you are right, but i have played multiple shards and never seen so many empty of players. With the exception of atlantic I can pretty much pick anyplace to drop a house and have no problem finding a spot.

--

This actually was proven to be wrong - RMT from the secondary market was not a driver for subscriber loss, and infact was shown to smooth the curve of subscriber length in games with established secondary markets. Google something along the lines of "RMT industry in video games" + ".edu" , but it could be outdated I assume, I think it was in relation to WoW and lineage 2, which were both large subscriber games at the time of writing.

That's not to say RMT is perfect - the guy spamming gen chat is clearly negatively effecting peoples play time, and funny that the only sites that sell codes are dealing with credit card fraud obtained codes, but that's another post I'm sure Frodo knows ALL about because after all, he's posted 10,000 times on statics, he clearly is the go to source for relevant information.

Further more, you're a new player, like you stated, you're just getting back bro! Well clearly not all shards are slammed like Atlantic, and there are 5 or so landmasses to lay your e-home now, so you will find houses. But you'll find fairly active pvp, and relatively active guilds on all shards.

2) Onto my favorite forum dweller.

Look man, I'm happy you're trying to split hairs here, clearly I meant the "in-game store" (ie. the only store that has new in-game items made and added to it by broadsword continually). Clearly right? I figured that wouldn't need further explanation.

" I hired a company to clean my parking lot so that gives them total control of my company, what an idiot. Maybe one day you will get something right, I seriously doubt it, but maybe." - Until we see something from Broadsword on their actual financial agreement with EA, I would not foresee maintenance of the game carrying over into continually putting more money into EA's pocket, unless they're getting a cut. This would be an entirely different situation than your cleaning company example, in absolutely every way, but I appreciate your attempt at making an analogy. Maybe in your next 10,000 posts you'll get that right. Keep posting, and keep up the good fight little guy! Someday you'll make a difference, in the meantime, get back to cleaning my parking lot?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Wait, I'm going to back out of this thread - I have no interest in working to change either of your opinions on the game at large. You've been gracing this forum with your insights for over a decade. I don't have that type of time or care to give to this. All the best in your endeavours. May they some day expand off of this internet message board!

*wave*

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Distruptive Behavior 16
Naming violation 5
Solicitation 7
Unattended Macroing 39
Duping 11
Multiboxing 13
Well, I'm confused. You suggested in another post they could easily just access a database to locate duped items and their owners, and put and end to duping, but they don't because they dupers bring in such a large sum of money that the game would cease to be viable of they were all banned. Why would they have erased that gold? Is the duping bannings here just a farce to keep the sheeple in line or what?

Like I said, I concede that people duped a lot, and I'm sure a lot of it is still around.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Multiboxing is illegal? Never had the attention span to do it myself but ive known many who have.
It's only illegal for EJ. If you have an account it's just "naughty". :p

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gold was duped (and IMHO still is) in mass quantities
I doubt that dupers are still producing mass quantities of gold nowadays, since checks don't exist anymore, and duping stacks of gold coins doesn't sound very efficient.
Maybe I'm missing something?

Merth

Journeyman
I doubt that dupers are still producing mass quantities of gold nowadays, since checks don't exist anymore, and duping stacks of gold coins doesn't sound very efficient.
Maybe I'm missing something?
Just a quick question...if checks dont exist anymore how do you transfer a large sum of cash (bigger than you can carry)? For instance I want to give a character on my second account enough gold to place a house but he is a new character and can only hold about 28k before being overloaded?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For instance I want to give a character on my second account enough gold to place a house but he is a new character and can only hold about 28k before being overloaded?
Just log in both accounts at the same time, then you can transfer any amount of money directly from one bank account to another through the trade window:
The Trade Window – Ultima Online

You can also transfer up to 100M through the Secure Account & Wall Safe:

Money – Ultima Online

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Just a quick question...if checks dont exist anymore how do you transfer a large sum of cash (bigger than you can carry)? For instance I want to give a character on my second account enough gold to place a house but he is a new character and can only hold about 28k before being overloaded?
you open up a trade window by left clicking the person and enter the amount of gold on the left side

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I'm confused. You suggested in another post they could easily just access a database to locate duped items and their owners, and put and end to duping, but they don't because they dupers bring in such a large sum of money that the game would cease to be viable of they were all banned. Why would they have erased that gold? Is the duping bannings here just a farce to keep the sheeple in line or what?

Like I said, I concede that people duped a lot, and I'm sure a lot of it is still around.
To show the player base that they cared,LOL. Even back then people were saying it was just a drop in the bucket because there was still tons of duped loot in the system.