• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

about some download we were told to do if we encounter problems awhile back?

S

Sims2

i rember awhile back we had to do a download of something that was microsoft redisturable i think. did hat have to do with directx also or what was that for? someone was saying they were having a problem with directx and could not play the game so i thought i would check into it. there was a reason to do that download i can't rember what it was. any help thank. <font color="orange"> </font>

G

If I remember correctly, that had to do with a botched game update that corrupted a Microsoft Visual C Runtime library, forcing many people to have to reinstall the runtime library. That was quite a while ago, however, and should not be affecting anyone anymore.

The only other external download or update the game has required of some is a DirectX update to version 9. If you're still using DirectX 8 or lower, you can get the latest DirectX system by simply going to the Windows Update site and selecting Custom update. The DirectX updates will be in the Optional Updates list.