• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About Polymorph

P

Pothoz

I just realised something, shouldnt they change a minor detail in the spell "polymorph" ?

As an elf you can transform yourself to a human, loosing the automatic nightsight and mana bonus, meaning they gain the humans benefitts instead?

Why not make so humans can polymorph to elfs then?

F

Fayled Dhreams

need to verify the :
they gain the humans benefitts instead

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If an elf polymorphs into a human, they shouldn't receive the human bonuses and they shouldn't lose the elf bonuses. If it is swapping the bonuses, that should be considered a bug (either in implementation or design).

P

Pothoz

Well when i transform my elf into a human i lose my nightsight and loses 20 mana..

Tbh is it a bug? I find it logical since you acually transform yourself to a human.. meaning your no longer an elf..

P

Pothoz

<blockquote><hr>

poly into elf and use elf only gear

I'm all for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Basicly the same thing happens when you transform to human, the gear seems as normal. I.E the helmet acually looks like a helmet and so on..

So if we could polymorph into elves, feck why not be able to wear "elf's only" gear?

B

Babble

Just test it if you can light a fire after transforming.
With the jack of trades human bonus it should be possible

G

Just tested it. Polyed into a Human and with 0 real skill in Spellweave, was
able to cast Nature's Fury.

But I also noticed that I apparently did NOT loose the night sight and +20
Mana bonus. And the max allowed carried weight also stayed the same.

So apparently, if your an Elf and Poly into a Human, you don't loose the Elf
bonuses, and you get the Human Jack of all Trades bonus.

But you can't use Ninja animal form.

P

Pothoz

Odd cause i tried on my RP mage, with just GM gear and [censored] he lost his mana and nightsight, sure you dont had things on ya to boost you up on those things? I dont know about the rest, such as jack of all trades, the Energy Resist bonus elf's have or anything..

G

My elf who took the Spell Weave quest and has 0 skill right now can cast Natures Fury, tho I fiz half a dozen times before one goes off, so it's not the JoAT doing that, unless you can consistently cast them w/out failng

G

Perhaps you are correct. But it lists Minimum skill needed for NF is 10.1.
So even if you completed the quest, with 0 real skill, you should have no
chance to successfully cast it.

And yes, I'm certain about the Night sight and Mana. I was down in Doom
when I tested it