• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ABC T-hunter?

S

Sturdy

Hello all,
I just finished cart tonight!

But, doh! I'm not a mage :(

I am usually a PvM ABC archer or crafter.
(On Siege so I only have two characters and no swapping )

These are the relevant skills I have available:

GM Mining
GM LP
GM Cart
115 Archer
110 Bushido
115 Tactics
110 Anatomy (locked but I did eat a 120)
110 Healing (locked but I did eat a 120)
100 Focus
65 Hiding
75 Swords
75 Parry
115 Resist
55 Magery (for gate)

(And all the craft skills)

So..What can I do with this?

What do you think the best non mage, non bard, non tamer t-hunter looks like?

I can work skills up and down as needed but was hoping to keep the warrior craft skills all on this guy and the magery type skills on my alt.

Thanks!

B

Ben Sherman

I think this would do fine, scoot as the chest comes up or use an invis pot. Leg it to range, pick your targets one at a time.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am usually a PvM ABC archer or crafter.
(On Siege so I only have two characters and no swapping )
That might be a problem. On normal shards ppl use telekinesis for untrapping t-chests. This is not possible on Siege. You need to use the remove trap skill. (Since I havent used that one, it also might be possible that you need to have/train detect hidden to find a trap before you can try to remove it.) Ofc you simply could do the hard way and let the trap explode/hurt you but it might be wise to have a second char for ressing at hand. (Not shure, how much damage one can take from those traps.)

S

Sturdy

Yeah you just let them go off. With 70 fire it does not kill you.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
These are the relevant skills I have available:

GM Mining
GM LP
GM Cart
115 Archer
110 Bushido
115 Tactics
110 Anatomy (locked but I did eat a 120)
110 Healing (locked but I did eat a 120)
Those skills there should do it.
Lower anatomy, Healing, and Tactics to 100 (or stone them for later template changes and train them back up to GM). Lower Bushido and put half its points into Chivalry. Then, use Jewelry to raise those two skills back up as much as you can (consider carrying a Luna Lance to swap to temporarily from your bow, to make chiv casting easier). If you need more Chivalry or Bushido, lower anatomy/healing/tactics up to 10 more points, if you have equipment to compensate (but remember that Anatomy (and maybe Healing) is in the same skill group as one of those)

With imbuing, you should be able to get 2 +30 jewelry bonuses, or for that matter, the pieces with +15 Chivalry each might just be "swap on & off" for casting, as without them, low chivalry is typically good for everything other than EoO and Sacred Journey.

S

Sturdy

Thanks for the advice-
I have done several level three's now as a straight archer.. I Can do a level four but five and six are out of reach.

I think if I get the right balanced slayer bows and macros I could probably do a level five.

I have alchemy- going to experiment with mad bomber. It probably wont work well but fun to try it out.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course, if they don't do anything about the hard-to-find or impossible maps, and the insane desire to make Mining an integral part of the profession (when it had been all but gone from it for 8 years), the template might take one more tweak.

Hopefully, I can get the devs to understand this at the Fairfax Town Hall.

S

Sturdy

Represent!

Really I have had mining forever so it does not bother me in and of itself. What is new and silly is that everyone now stones off cart, so why not just split the difference and give cartography the mining bonus?

Seems like this would simplify the whole thing and not change game balance.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell, I'd settle for the Turkey Event maps' method of zeroing in on the dig spot...

S

Sturdy

Update- level fives are not that hard with a straight archer. I can do two level threes in the same time but fives are more fun.

I am not sure I can handle sixes yet- need to get gear in order before trying.

S

slaveone

Update- level fives are not that hard with a straight archer. I can do two level threes in the same time but fives are more fun.

I am not sure I can handle sixes yet- need to get gear in order before trying.
I do level 6's solo all day long with my archer t-hunter.

120 Archery
120 Music
120 Peacemaking
110 Resist Spells
100 Lockpicking
100 Cartography/ 100 Mining / 100 Tactics (whichever i choose)
70 Chivalry
12 Magery (but being on siege ditch that and take the blast put the points elsewhere)

Magical Shortbow Slayers are your friend i use the following:

Super Slayer
18% HLD
25% HCI
30% SSI
40% DI

I carry this exact same bow one for every superslayer on my guy works like a charm!

With bows like that and with 115-120 archery you'll tear up anything the guardian spawn can throw at you even running without tactics it's easily doable just takes slightly longer to kill off the AW's but not that much longer just get as much HCI as you can on your suit so if you have to ditch tactics for say mining you can and still easily solo level 6!