• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] ABC Question

R

RavDragon

Hey all... coming back to UO and decided to build an ABC Archer, but I have a few questions. Please bear with me, as I am extremely rusty!

I have found a couple of variations of the same template:

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
100 or 95 Heal
100 Anatomy
90 Resist
70 or 75 Chivalry

I'm wondering, for PVM, do I really need Resist at all? I'm not interested in PVP. I can use Chivalry to cure myself and I could carry a trapped pouch for para, right? Will I be disarmed using the pouch?

If, in fact, I don't need resist, I'm just wondering what skill I could pick up instead. Focus for stamina regen? Or something else? Maybe Ninjitsu? I'm too out-of-the-loop to even guess...

Also, do many ABC Archers go for a Hunter's Headdress? Seems like it would be really beneficial to bump up the other skills.

What should I be aiming for stat-wise? Str/Dex/Int?

Anyway, any ABC tips would be appreciate. Thanks guys!

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to have magic resist, but it does simplify fighting caster types and especially necro casters. Necro casters and some mystic creatures seem to be a lot harder without resist, but could be just me.

I'm running this template and love it.

120 archery
115 bushido
110 tactics
110 anatomy
100 healing
65 chiv
60 SS
40 necro

Sometimes I feel I don't really need anatomy and healing at all with curse weapon, but its good to keep a bandage going against casters like Greater Dragon's or whichever. I think I could lower them, but haven't tested for a sweet spot. Curse weapon let's you leech health through poison so I just let it wear-off and don't cure it sometimes.

Regarding stats: I like the idea of using potions to boost your dex so you should find the right combination of enhance potion and dex to give you 150. Then plan on having around 100-110 str without potions. Any left over you can add into int to give a little boost on your mana. Then you need to decide on human or elf to get the extra mana, which I went elf.

Get a swampy and armor it with exceptional armor for a damage reduction 20%.

Hunter's headdress is nice, but sometimes people want to add mana increase or stamina increase. You'll have to spend somet time talking to people to help put a suit together in your price range. Don't buy anything until you finalize stat increases and mana or stamina boosts as well as DCI, HCI and DI.

You don't have to have magic resist basically.

-Lorax

N

Ncdiablo

You definately don't need resist for PvM. If I could make any suggestion on what to add I would suggest focus for additional stam regen and also for a slight boost to mana regen. Focus will be important if you get gear like Insane Tinker leggings or Jackals collar. Keeping your stam up and your mana up are key and yes make sure you have on your bow Mana Leech and Stam leech.

I have gone with 90 bandage and it works great for me.

I highly suggest 75 chiv for less fails at Enemy of One and Righteous Fury.