• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] ABC, Disco, or Wraith Archer?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am deciding between these 2 builds but not sold on anything so any advice will be welcomed.

ABC Archer - I am not including jewelry or other PS currently, so I am open to similar builds.
120 archery
100 bushido
100 chivalry
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resist

Disco Archer - Same as the ABC Archer as far as jewlery and PS
120 Archery
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
100 Music
100 Disco
100 in something that will help, spell resist or focus maybe?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I also found this interesting but more expensive and longer to train Wraith Archer

Wraith Archer
120 archery
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 chivalry
120 anatomy
120 spiritspeak

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
I really enjoy the wraith archer for boss fights and EM events. I never seem to run out of mana and deals tons of damage.

With the right combo of gear, I just switch skills around on one archer character... to have either bushido or spirit speak. Really just depends on the fight but he can pretty much do any content. Human character, carry +15 Necro book and +40 Necro jewelry to switch into wraith form.

Fully geared up, his template looks like: (with +70 skill on imbued jewelry and quiver)
120 chiv
120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 resist
120 ss (soulstone at least 80 bushido for the lower mana costs, confidence, honor, etc.)
90 healing (I rarely use this in wraith but handy when using bushido)

Could probably start off much cheaper without 120 tact, anatomy, chiv, etc.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really enjoy the wraith archer for boss fights and EM events. I never seem to run out of mana and deals tons of damage.

With the right combo of gear, I just switch skills around on one archer character... to have either bushido or spirit speak. Really just depends on the fight but he can pretty much do any content. Human character, carry +15 Necro book and +40 Necro jewelry to switch into wraith form.

Fully geared up, his template looks like: (with +70 skill on imbued jewelry and quiver)
120 chiv
120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 resist
120 ss (soulstone at least 80 bushido for the lower mana costs, confidence, honor, etc.)
90 healing (I rarely use this in wraith but handy when using bushido)

Could probably start off much cheaper without 120 tact, anatomy, chiv, etc.
Why ss with no necro?

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
The only Necro spell I am casting with him is wraith form. You only need 20 Necro to stay in wraith form and as a human with JOAT, that's enough. Once you're in wraith form, how much spirit speak you have will determine how much mana leech you'll get in that form. I believe it's 20% at 100 and 24% at 120, something like that.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The only Necro spell I am casting with him is wraith form. You only need 20 Necro to stay in wraith form and as a human with JOAT, that's enough. Once you're in wraith form, how much spirit speak you have will determine how much mana leech you'll get in that form. I believe it's 20% at 100 and 24% at 120, something like that.
Why is it different with vampiric embrace shouldn't the leech scale off ss as well ?

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Not sure why it's different. Wraiths need spirit speak to talk to other ghosts? No clue. I guess it's similar to how some mage spells are stronger with eval and some eval does nothing. Variety.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is my wraith archer:

1662395195103.png

Real skill in left column, numbers on right side are additional skill points from items.

I generally limit this build to certain encounters where I can safely stay in a stationary position and just chain cast Armor Ignore again and again and again. Quite simply, this build is all about maximum mana regeneration. I have 120 Spirit Speak to leach back more, MR 29 on my suit, 55 LMC and put extra skill points into Focus to help with the regeneration. Combined with max Strength, 120 tactics and Anatomy, Chivalry to cast EOO if needed, Slayers on weapons... the build is generally a beast and can do signification amount of damage very quickly. Only issue is that movement in Wraith form is slow and the build is a bit squishy if you get into trouble. I use SSI town buff and Chivalry mastery for the passive +15 mana.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am hoping for this character to be an all around character, use him in dungeons, scalis, other stuff like that with possible events but not really planning for events.

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Like Merlin mentioned, Wraith Form is slow as far as movement goes... but I use my wraith for scalis, em events, treasure of events... I've brought him to Shadowguard with a group and he does fine – just didn't go into wraith till Roof, basically.

But instead of having a bunch of archer characters, I use soul stones to switch skills around and go from wraith archer to ABC. Does just fine.

Maybe just go ABC archer to start and see if ya like it. It's pretty quick to get that template into a good spot.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Like Merlin mentioned, Wraith Form is slow as far as movement goes... but I use my wraith for scalis, em events, treasure of events... I've brought him to Shadowguard with a group and he does fine – just didn't go into wraith till Roof, basically.

But instead of having a bunch of archer characters, I use soul stones to switch skills around and go from wraith archer to ABC. Does just fine.

Maybe just go ABC archer to start and see if ya like it. It's pretty quick to get that template into a good spot.
So with the ABC Archer template I posted, should I stick with healing or is there something else that may work better?

ABC Archer - I am not including jewelry or other PS currently, so I am open to similar builds.
120 archery
100 bushido
100 chivalry
100 tactics
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 resist

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Yeah, healing will be good with that template.
I'd personally drop bushido down to 80. And do more chivalry or tactics. Depending on what helm and quiver you use, you may be able to increase more skills over 100 too.
Also could try to squeeze in some fc/fcr.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It has been so long, not really sure what is out there as far as suit and weapons. The template was just a basic one. I am open for tweaking suggestions on it as well.

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Most are probably wearing one of two hats.
  1. Hunter's headdress (has 15 hci, 8 dex, and +20 archery)
  2. or some form of Mace & Shield glasses/blackthorn alternative.
For quivers/back slots you are probably looking at two options as well.
  1. Despicable Quiver (has +5 archery, 5 dex, 5 hci)
  2. or from the latest Treasure of event... Serpent's Skin quiver (has +5 anatomy, 125 luck, 10 di, 5 ssi)
You'll want to aim for 210 star with 55 ssi for max swing with a composite bow. Try to get as much strength as possible. LMC is important too. Bows can be enhanced with some neat properties from wood so consider that with your build.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here is my more recent ABC Archer:

1662406940507.png

Real skill in left column, numbers on right side are additional skill points from items.

I use Bushido for Confidence ability and passive +15 mana. Lots of ways to heal between Close Wounds, bandages, Confidence. I have a few 'Balanced' bows Macroed that I can swap to for healing potions. It's a much more all-around type build than the wraith archer I shared before, but I don't find myself using the character as much as I used to. I have more specialized characters for different encounters. Definitely a solid warrior build none the less.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Merlin - You going elf here (+mana) or human (JOAT)?
Traditionally, I had used Elves as I found the Mana buff to be a pretty helpful boost to stats. With some of the new recent artifacts making it easier to get needed mods from suit pieces, as well as the +15 mana from certain masteries, I found the mana constraint to be a bit less burdensome and have switched back to humans on a few characters. Not just on these Archers, but on some other Warrior type characters as well.

For my ABC archer, I have switched back to being a human as the HPR and JOAT passives were more valuable to me than the additional mana. In particular, the JOAT passive gives you the ability to do the Spellweaving quest and get a non-skilled focus so that you can use Gift of Renewal. I find this more useful than the +20 mana boost from being an Elf given the context which I am using this particular build for.

Last edited:

Rimmuk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Traditionally, I had used Elves as I found the Mana buff to be a pretty helpful boost to stats. With some of the new recent artifacts making it easier to get needed mods from suit pieces, as well as the +15 mana from certain masteries, I found the mana constraint to be a bit less burdensome and have switched back to humans on a few characters. Not just on these Archers, but on some other Warrior type characters as well.

For my ABC archer, I have switched back to being a human as the HPR and JOAT passives were more valuable to me than the additional mana. In particular, the JOAT passive gives you the ability to do the Spellweaving quest and get a non-skilled focus so that you can use Gift of Renewal. I find this more useful than the +20 mana boost from being an Elf given the context which I am using this particular build for.
@Merlin thanks for sharing your two builds. I’m about to make an archer for the first time as well and I’m going to follow these two templates. Would you mind sharing your gear for each? Named items and imbued jewels are easy to come by for me but I am guessing you have some harder to find bone/wood pieces as well. On those, what is the stat priority order for them? Thanks again for all your insights, they are very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Merlin thanks for sharing your two builds. I’m about to make an archer for the first time as well and I’m going to follow these two templates. Would you mind sharing your gear for each? Named items and imbued jewels are easy to come by for me but I am guessing you have some harder to find bone/wood pieces as well. On those, what is the stat priority order for them? Thanks again for all your insights, they are very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For ABC archer, I use Cameo, Serpent Skin Quiver, Ozy Obi, Solaria's earrings, Balron Bone Armor chest, Corgul enchanted Sash, Mythical intel boots, Morphius epps. Other pieces are mostly all Stud/Bone, most are stam/dex pieces so that I can reach 215 Stamina. The Wraith archer is relatively similar, swap out for despicalbe quiver, conjurer luck robe.

A few of the pieces on my suit are really high end items I've had for long time that are no longer possible to drop, especially the jewels, so this set up might not be easy to duplicate.

If you're on Atlantic, perhaps might be easier to connect in-game so you can have a look at my suit and I'd be happy to talk shop with ya.

Last edited: