• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] ABC Archer/Wraith Gear

Kyl Drysden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey everyone!

Last week I reactivated my account, and will be staying for good this time around.

My main started out as an ABC Archer, but I ended up adding Necromancy and Spirit Speak for Wraith Form to spam Armor Ignore and other mana draining spells. I never had an issue, and so far it still works great. The only problem is, it's an old character and I feel the equipment I have may be outdated. My skills are just about done, or at least to 100(a few will be raised to 120 over time.) I remember last time I played, I realized I would have to get a new, better suit.

I did some searching here and found a thread that may put me in the right direction, as far as what stats I should look for(SSI, SI, DCI.) Right now my HCI and DI are both capped. My actual HP and Stamina are low, and nowhere near where I need it.

My concern is, the thread talks about Mace and Shield Glasses, however I use a Hunter's Headdress to put me at 120 Archery. Is this just a personal preference issue, or does using one over the other kind of gimp me?

I'm also using a Runed Beetle Carapace, Stormgrip, Ring of the Vile, and Royal Leggings of Ember. Would it be best to replace ALL of these for a completely imbued suit? Right now I only have about 5 mil to my name.

Any additional input like what stats I should for sure look for would be welcomed and appreciated. I play on Atlantic also, if there is anyone willing to work something out. I don't really craft myself, as I like to support those that do, so this is something I would have to purchase.

Thanks in advanced.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See about hiring a imburer to make ya a starter stam suit out of studded.. Get 55% lmc with studded.

Keep your head dress if you want... Just get other parts replaced. And fill em in with shame loot or other parts later on.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Agree. Hunter's Headdress is still viable for an archer char. I would also recommend a 55 LMC studded suit. Go for 180+ stamina to start. It is possible to hit 210+ stamina, but very costly so save that for later.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
5 mill will get you pretty far if you're willing to collect some of the ingredients etc, and just need the imbuer to actually do the imbuing, I'd say. Otherwise, if you're going to pay Luna prices for stuff, then it's going to get pricey, quickly. For instance on my shard, essence of order goes for 40k each, and you need 50 to get to 55% LMC with the 5 studded pieces.

On one hand, since you play ATL, like half the rest of UO, finding a crafter should be pretty easy. On the other hand, I notice that prices tend to be a bit higher there...

Kyl Drysden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I appreciate the replies everyone.

I do have another question though. Two actually.

My current character is an Elf. I started as a Human, but switched during my ABC Archer build so I can have extra Mana to use AI and the various spells. My bow has always had Mana Leech so I never had an issue with Mana really, but that extra Mana from being an Elf was nice. Since then, I've decided to add Necro/SS to my template for Wraith Form, and now I really never lose Mana at all. Is it safe to go back to being Human? The JoAT would be nice and would give me extra room for my other skills. My Necro is locked at 40 currently, but having JoAT, I would be able to lower it to 20, but still act as if I have 40, correct? I also use Curse Weapon for when I'm in a bind.

Second question is regarding Resist Spells. I've done some research on it, and from what I've found, RS is pretty much useless in PvM. I currently have 100, though I'm wondering if Healing would be better to have instead. Currently, I don't have a house, so I can't Soulstone anything yet. Is this pretty accurate though? Resist Spells just isn't worth it in PvM? I really don't want to gimp my character too much. He's gimped enough not being able to ride a mount lol

Thanks again for the replies.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Necro is locked at 40 currently, but having JoAT, I would be able to lower it to 20, but still act as if I have 40, correct?
No, JOAT doesn't stack. So if you have 20 necro that is just as good as having JOAT necro.

Resist spells: Several of my PvM templates run resist spells. It depends on what you want to fight, what kinds of curses it does, etc.

Kyl Drysden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
No, JOAT doesn't stack. So if you have 20 necro that is just as good as having JOAT necro.

Resist spells: Several of my PvM templates run resist spells. It depends on what you want to fight, what kinds of curses it does, etc.
I guess I'll stick with my Elf then, as I don't see a whole lot of benefits to switching to Human for this character.

I'd like to keep my Resist Spells, and maybe just soulstone it and switch it out with Healing as needed.

I guess all has been answered. Time to work my butt off and make some money. Up to almost 9 mil now so that should be enough to get me going as far as a suit goes.

Thanks everyone!

Kyl Drysden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well this is awesome. I logged in to find my Ring of the Vile is missing. It's been on my character this entire time, but it's no longer there and is nowhere in my bank or inventory. WTH?!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this is awesome. I logged in to find my Ring of the Vile is missing. It's been on my character this entire time, but it's no longer there and is nowhere in my bank or inventory. WTH?!
Did you check whether perhaps it might be hidden below some other item ?

Also, your character which used to wear this ring has another ring instead or no ring at all ?

Because if it has another ring instead, perhaps it could be that it was swapped and put somwhere else ?

Kyl Drysden

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Did you check whether perhaps it might be hidden below some other item ?

Also, your character which used to wear this ring has another ring instead or no ring at all ?

Because if it has another ring instead, perhaps it could be that it was swapped and put somwhere else ?
Im not sure what happened to it. I've been playing on the EC so, thanks to the grid view, I was able to see if it was hidden at all. Sadly, this wasn't the case. I checked my Insurance Menu and it was not listed as being either insured or uninsured. I checked my bank and all containers within, but found nothing.

I submitted a bug report, but it's a moot point. I went ahead and just bought another one for 300k, then just last night, thanks to Sachar, I got my 55 LMC suit, ring included, so I'm no longer even using the Ring of the Vile.

I still would like to know what happened to it. I have insomnia and I take Ambien for sleep. Now there COULD be the off chance that after taking an Ambien, I took it off for some reason and just got careless. Who knows, but it's all settled now.