• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] ABC Archer Stats?

I'm currently training up an ABC archer and I would like to plan out some gear for when the training is done. I have an idea of what basic stats I would need (SSI/DCI/DI/HP and Mana Regen/Dex and Str bonus...), but I've been told that you don't necessarily want everything maxed out for high efficiency.

My question: how much of what stats should I be striving for?

Thanks in advance! :)

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I'm currently training up an ABC archer and I would like to plan out some gear for when the training is done. I have an idea of what basic stats I would need (SSI/DCI/DI/HP and Mana Regen/Dex and Str bonus...), but I've been told that you don't necessarily want everything maxed out for high efficiency.

My question: how much of what stats should I be striving for?

Thanks in advance! :)
SSI + Stamina Increase = As high as you need to swing the weapon(s) you intend to use at the cap.
HCI = 45
DCI = Optional, so 0, or 20 if you plan on using Armour Refinements, or 45 if you are PvP'ing.
DI = 100
HP Increase = 25
Dex = Semi-optional, Dex only affects bandage speed up to 140, but you will probably need some to allow your Stamina Increase to reach the level it needs for swinging at the cap.
Mana Regen = Optional, you regain mana by Leeching.
Str Increase = 25, personally I always try to get 150 Str with gear with 25 HP Increase as it will give you 150 HP.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I have a question so that I understand:

Why don't I need DCI if I'm PvMing? Is it because it doesn't protect against ranged attacks and as an archer, I'll probably be avoiding melee attacks?

Mayhem_wushu

Adventurer
In PVM generally you will be away from your foe, unless doing something wrong. In PVP you will be toe to toe with your opponent.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Why don't I need DCI if I'm PvMing? Is it because it doesn't protect against ranged attacks and as an archer, I'll probably be avoiding melee attacks?
It protects against ranged attacks, however, aside from a few monsters that have Archery themselves on an Archer you can move away. It's up to you of course, but if it's at the cost of anything else on the list I wouldn't bother with it, if you can have it without being sub-optimal on anything else then do.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I skip DCI on my archer and instead using max Faster Cast Recovery on jewels in place of the imbuing weight.

This allows me to run with Protection and cast heals and cure with Chiv. I use bandages mostly but I always cure with Chiv.