• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] ABC Archer Questions

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am in the process of making an ABC archer, my template is as follows

120 archery (+35 HH & Ring)
120 tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Chiv

Question 1, I currently have 120 Bushido, I know that I do not use it for parry as I am an archer, I do however like the combination of Consecrate Weapon and Lightning Strike when mana is low due to armor ignore. Do I need 120 Bushido? Does higher Bushido affect spells like lightning strike or just honor?

Question 2, If Bushido stays at 120, that leaves me enough points for 80 in Spell Resist and 75 in Healing. Is that a fair combination or should I put more into one and remove some from the other?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Bushido does affect LS, this higher the bushido, greater % to do the critical hit. Given that you'll already be at 45 HCI, so you won't get any HCI benefit from LS, then the critical hit is the only useful part of it... so in this case, without maximizing the chance for LS, it somewhat defeats the point.

You could have 2 sets of jewels, one that has HCI on it, and one that has bushido skill point on it... swap jewels when you're going to be LSing.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
75 Healing looks too low... especially when they poison you.... you hardly be able to cure and heal with the same bandage
I suggest 80 resist and 100+ healing (drop bushido a bit)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the only reason ppl pick up Bushido on archers is honor and confidence?

Sounds like a large investment for just those two benefits.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So the only reason ppl pick up Bushido on archers is honor and confidence?

Sounds like a large investment for just those two benefits.
Don't forget about momentum strike and hitting 300 weapons skill points for the -10 mana reduction on specials like Armor Ignore. But I am with you, there is little need to go to 120 Bushido in most cases for a ranged char.

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I run
120 Archery +5 dispicable quiver +20 Hunters Headdress
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Resisting
115 Bushido
80 Chiv +30 on jewels

I have di and hci on 3 woodland pieces so only need di on 1 piece of jewelry

I can solo all champ spawns (stay alive if attacked) important! I think this build works real well for anything. Good array of PVP PVM bows and you are all set.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I think it would make more sense to lower Chivalry than Bushido. Confidence, Lighting Strike, Momentum Strike (which if you can't Whirlwind, becomes useful especially with Hit Area) and Honor.

Enemy of One, Consecrate and maybe Divine Fury from Chivalry.

If I were going to make a plain jane I'd be tempted to throw something interesting on there like Spellweaving or Alchemy. I mean an ABC is essentially a minimum of 120 Archery, 90 Tactics, 120 Bushido, and 50-70 Chivalry... that leaves a lot of room to do something fun. Hell you could even make it a Mystic and get Stone Form 60 Hit Spell, Cleaning Wind, Heal Stone and Trigger plus a Colossus.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The going rate for chiv, is about 84 Chiv to get the 50% damage bonus from Enemy of One and I think though less sure of this one 90 Chiv to get 100% proc chance on Consecrate, (after 90 chiv concecrate applies bonus damage as well as targetting weakest resist) Divine fury also refreshes stamina based on Chiv/Karma , as well as the hit chance/ swing speed, and defesne chance changes.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also with 120 chiv thats 84% damage from EoO and 15% from Consecrate , if you go max karma as well then divine fury will give you + 15 HCi + 15 SSi and only -10 DCI

A-tron

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Curious, if you are running 100%DI casting EOE, with a slayer you are max DI. honored opponent, and slayers DI is maxed anyway so the skill points put into chiv seem unnecessary to me. Just the timer bonuses. I can see the chiv points making sense if you have low ssi, don't have slayer bows, or enough DI between suit and talisman. Don't overlook that tactics and anatomy give damage bonuses too. IMHO

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
There are more than one thread explaining the difference between Damage Increase from skills/str/items, and Damage Modifier, from slayer EoO, Honor and etc.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I run
120 Archery +5 dispicable quiver +20 Hunters Headdress
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Resisting
115 Bushido
80 Chiv +30 on jewels

I have di and hci on 3 woodland pieces so only need di on 1 piece of jewelry

I can solo all champ spawns (stay alive if attacked) important! I think this build works real well for anything. Good array of PVP PVM bows and you are all set.
How to heal?

p.s. I see there are 620 total skills.
Did you forget 100 Healing?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget about momentum strike and hitting 300 weapons skill points for the -10 mana reduction on specials like Armor Ignore. But I am with you, there is little need to go to 120 Bushido in most cases for a ranged char.
What skills count towards the 300 points? According to stratics (http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/specialmoves.php) you wont get to 300 points anyway since its only archery and bushido counting towards the 300. Or am i compltely stupid again? :)

Anyway im trying to do some reserch cause im creating my very first archer atm and just finnished Archer tactics and anatomy. So now i need to decide what skills to finnish of the build with.
Have ninja and stealth on a stone but not really any use on a strict PVM char.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
usually you have 80 bushido to get 200 points
but you can have 120 bushido and 60 any (non-used) skill to get 300 points (for example, ninja or wrestling or poison)...
or can have 100 bushido and 80 poison to get 300 points

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allright, thank you mate.

Will have to experiment some on test i guess. Would be beast to get 300 points but not sure if its worth giving up another skill for.

Ill fool around some ty :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
When you fight a monster with blocking and you haven't Slayer it's worth to have 120 bushido and 300 points. An obvious example is the Blackthorne.
When you are not able to upkeep 100 honor bonus 120 bushido is very useful (+12% per hit) and every 1 mana is valuable. My 6x120 + 60 wrestling archer could did 10+ masters per hour.

But usually 80 bushido and 200 points is rather enough.

peteD

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So can someone really explain what the difference is with 100 bushido and 120 bushido ..

trying my pvm abc build

120 Archery (20+ items)
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
80 Chivalry
120 Anatomy
80 Healing
100 Resist

Everyone says so much different regarding that skill ^^

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So can someone really explain what the difference is with 100 bushido and 120 bushido ..
With 120 Bushido you achieve perfection faster. Also Confidence heals you for more amount.

Everyone says so much different regarding that skill ^^
I'd drop Bushido to 80 and get Chivalry/Healing instead.
More Healing = more chance to cure and heal with the same bandage. It is very useful when monsters continuously poison you.

peteD

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
With 120 Bushido you achieve perfection faster. Also Confidence heals you for more amount.

I'd drop Bushido to 80 and get Chivalry/Healing instead.
More Healing = more chance to cure and heal with the same bandage. It is very useful when monsters continuously poison you.
yeah but you could use pots for curing i thought ... a lot ppl seems to like have 120 bushido somehow .. even though you more or less use it for LS and perfection.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
counter attacks are the bread and butter IMO for bushido. I ran a samp for 6-7 months before I realized counter attack existed. if you're getting your 300 points...hell even 200 points...your damage should be decent...couple that with an extra hit now and again (more with less DCI) and you'll be dropping monsters like its cool. but swap counter attack for evasion or confidence if u need life, then swap back. bushido has so much to offer when fully utilized.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Can you show me a video of using counter attack? For simplicity - against a weak opponent (but with high hp) - against UEV.
I have tried it myself but found it rather useless so I want to get what I missed.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can you show me a video of using counter attack? For simplicity - against a weak opponent (but with high hp) - against UEV.
I have tried it myself but found it rather useless so I want to get what I missed.
Yes sir I sure can. Obsidian is checking for me in another post of how to upload a OBS video. Never done it before but would really like to.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ill play around with it tonight and see how it turns out. After i finish the file and it saves in its respective folder, can i simply create a youtube acct and import directly in? How do i link that to here?

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
http://youtu.be/CcOnn7ru4f4

Give that a shot. my first upload so may suck...but u can see counter attack go off sporadically at 0:23 seconds for an additional AI.

I'll put UEV's up in a bit...kinda busy atm but was in the neighborhood of balrons so I made a quick one.

Last edited: