• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ABC Archer Advice

archero

Visitor
I have an ABC archer. He has been used mostly for Role Play. His skills were moved around quite a bit and so far as I have been playing him have ended up as. Archery, Tactics, Anatomy 120, Focus 100, Bushido 92, Healing 91, Chivalry 77.

I never did much with equipment, he is wearing a set of Scout armor, bracelet of health, a ring to bump healing, quiver of infinity, and a bandage summoning talisman.

A little advice on how to gear up and where to settle these skills. Im not looking to be super tweaked, but effective in group.

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What is it you plan to use this character for?

I Would start with
120 archery (Max offence/defence)
90 tactics (To allow special moves)
120 Bushido (No fail Momentum Strike)
70 Chiv (Reasonable chance for EOO)
90 Anat/90 Heal (you can res)

That's 580 points in total. From there you can customise as you see fit, depending upon preference and purpose :)

Gear for Stam/Dex/SR for swing speed and bandage speed, also MR for specials.

Also, I would drop focus - SR mods on your gear should take care of this.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You get a DI bonus for GM Tactics/Anatomy so having 90 doesn't sound good for PvM.
At 70 Chivalry you have a chance to cast EOO... but I believe you cast EOO to get damage bonus not just for its buff icon. I believe you need at least 90-100 Chivalry. And with 120 Chivalry you can easily get 35 SSI with an Ash Yumi.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Archers are not effective in group PvM, least of all ABC's, they bring pretty much nothing to the table in terms of team work.

If your goal is to re-orintate the character to be helpful in a group you would need one or more ways of cross-healing and/or other group offense/defense options. For example 4/6 Chivalry, bandage Healing, Spellweaving, Mysticism, Magery, Discord, Prov masteries, Peace masteries.

If you intend to keep the character as an Archer then 120 Archery, at least 90 Tactics, and then combinations from the above. I'd probably go 120 Chivalry too.

You can Imbue/get Imbued a suit that will cover pretty much everything you need built around maybe 1 or 2 artifact type pieces. At a minimum you should have all 70's resists (later refined for all 75's), 100 DI, 40 LMC, 45 HCI, 25 HP and whatever SSI/Stam you need for the weapons you intend to use that will allow you to swing at, or as close to, the cap as possible.

archero

Visitor
Ok, feel free to blast me. I am thinking 120 Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, 100 Resist, 100 Bushido, 90 Healing, 70 Chivalry. It might be a mistake but I can seem to set down my tactics and anatomy from 120. The resist should help a bit in Fel champ spawns. 90 healing to cross heal. Throw some jewelry with the right skills. I may not be 100% maximized but should be playable. Now the hardest issue. Not to sound like my daughter but..."I don't have anything to wear"

Arch

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's pretty good for a straight forward build. If you are going to be in fel you might want to drop tactics or anatomy down to 100 and bump resist to 120 so you aren't paralyze bait

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's pretty good for a straight forward build. If you are going to be in fel you might want to drop tactics or anatomy down to 100 and bump resist to 120 so you aren't paralyze bait
Yeah I ran a template similar to what you mentioned...worked fine. As far as team work, I think it matters your team. I had someone who would cross heal me and I would get that person back. It can be difficult though if you don't run with the same person consistently.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I am thinking 120 Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, 100 Resist, 100 Bushido, 90 Healing, 70 Chivalry.
Would be better:
120 Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, 100 Resist, 80 Bushido, 90 Healing, 90 Chivalry

My ABC Archer has:
120 Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, 110 Resist, 80 Bushido, 120 Healing, 120 Chivalry

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
With DF and 75 resists you need 30 HCI/80 DI/30 DCI.
You can reforge 5 armor pieces with 5 HCI/DCI and get another 20 HCI/DCI from misc slots (for example, Duelist’s Edge + Conjurer's Garb + Despicable Quiver + Corgul's Sash).
With Ash bows and city bonus you can get 30 SSi.

So you can do with just 5 SSI + 10-25 DI + 15 DCI/HCI on jewels. This leaves you 7 free mods on imbued jewels and it's not difficult to get 60 skill points.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok, feel free to blast me. I am thinking 120 Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, 100 Resist, 100 Bushido, 90 Healing, 70 Chivalry. It might be a mistake but I can seem to set down my tactics and anatomy from 120. The resist should help a bit in Fel champ spawns. 90 healing to cross heal. Throw some jewelry with the right skills. I may not be 100% maximized but should be playable. Now the hardest issue. Not to sound like my daughter but..."I don't have anything to wear"

Arch
This is a decent build - especially if you have max swing speed and a good comp bow with mana leach. You should be able to do a lot of damage with armor ignore special, using confidence / healing / chiv spells to keep yourself safe.