• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AAARGH!!!!

D

Donavan

If there is an answer to this question, I have not been able to find it.
Is there a new number to call for account re-imbursment?

Cuz 1-866-543-5435 is no longer working, they just direct you to the web site where you disappear into limbo.

The bahstards have charged me again for the month of May and I'm mad as hell.:mad:

A

Avyi

Cuz 1-866-543-5435 is no longer working, they just direct you to the web site where you disappear into limbo.

The bahstards have charged me again for the month of May and I'm mad as hell.:mad:
I don't know if it has changed since I called last, but I got into the "my account" part then just started babbling until they transfered me to a real person.

S

SimTripps

omg Donovan - the moment I heard of the closing, I logged into all my accounts and cancelled my billing for that very reason... Oi vey lol..

D

debslee

Donnovan, I too have very little patience when it comes to help desk numbers, :wall: so I took the painless route of emailing them (and for me having it in writing is always best, because there is no, "he said, she said" misunderstandings).
So using my account log in details, at this site http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/home.php?p_sid=mMlB6k4j log in, and send them an online question. For your info, this is the series of responses I got...I am a happy chappy now...no stress, no fuss - easy peasy.....its sorted - I suggest you try it:

Hi there
This question refers to EA Land and its shutting down. You advised us via
your Support Home Website that subscriptions would cease as of April 29.
But I see that on my credit card statement you have billed me on 5 May.
Please reverse this ASAP. Please also change the next billing amount to not
come off my account as it is listed to come off on 10 June.

Thank you.
Regards

My name here
Account Name: xxxxx

Their reply:

Hi Dxxxx,

Thank you for writing to Electronic Arts accounts services.

In order to assist you with this issue, we will need some information.
Please provide us the following information:

- The E-mail address that is listed on the account:
- Last 8 digits of the credit card that is listed on the account:
- Date of Birth that is listed on the account:
- Zip Code that is listed on the account:

We look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Rxxxxx
EA Online Support.

I then sent back their info, and BINGO - here is the response:

Hi Dxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused to you thus far.

In looking into this situation, I have already issued a refund against your
card ending [04] in the amount of $9.99 for the last that charge took place
on May 10, 2008 towards EA-Land subscription. Please allow 5-7 business
days for this refund to be processed to you card. This amount would reflect
as a credit on your card’s next billing statement. Rest assured, I have
already made sure that you would not be charged for the same in future and
can play till the end of the present subscription.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,

Dxxxxx
EA Online Support.

Happy Days!

D

Donavan

Thanks, Pari.
PM sent.

Noip
Now, I can't get to the site to remove my billing info, anybody got a link?
Thanks.

G

Gilly

I got there by using the "My EA Account" link from the The Blog.

Best to go directly to billing info, though, because it would not let me change tabs more than a couple of times, before getting a "Web Page not found" redirect. :thumbdown:

My Account Link

J

Jimoh

guess I'll have to do the same thing, they got me on the 5th and the 22nd. :cursing: at least there are still 56 shots of rum on the bar, since Lee passed out on the floor for me to finish off :shots:

L

Lisa Harvey

They actually took my money out of my bank account today for ealand!!!! It took me more than an hour to finally get ahold of a human being to refund my account. What a joke.....

S

Starstruck

You aren't the only one who got charged, I'm in that same boat. Guess I will have to call up EA to get my money refunded as well, just how I wanted to spend my Friday :mad:

Miss Michele

S

Shari

Yep I checked my account and they took money as well. I will be calling also.

S

SimTripps

What do you mean they took money? Accidentally for a subscription? or did they just 'take' it. Hello, this is theft and illegal...

L

labyrinth

Yah, they charged me as well. I guess this charge is for the month of June?
So, much for free play huh.
I'm afraid to call, then be reduced to free player and that hassle.:drool:

S

SimTripps

omg you guys need to start removing your billing info - you can log in here. I sure as hell did, the moment I heard the game was ending lol...

J

Juniper Skye

Definately remove your billing info! It's probably an automated debit that hasn't been caugh up with the closing yet. I removed my billing info about 5 minutes after I read about the close.

A

armonia

They did the same to me as well. I however, went to the ea customer support site and wrote them a nasty letter yesterday. Today they informed me they refunded all my money and it should post in 3 to 5 days. I don't understand why they can't fix their billing system.

www.playercampaigns.com

Ladygeek

F

fajjaa

What happens to us that removed our billing info and are now in the middle of a 14 day trial period. What surprises are waiting for us ?

S

Shari

I sent an email for the refund, although I will wait until they confirm the refund before removing my billing info.

B

Big Mac

omg you guys need to start removing your billing info - you can log in here. I sure as hell did, the moment I heard the game was ending lol...
I know AT&T Universal Card and Discover Card offers a random number generator at their site to use for a specific merchant, etc. So if somehow something fishy goes on, you can have that number terminated without cancelling your main card number and having to get a new one. It's something I'm going to start doing.