• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A woman playing in the NFL? Please no....

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/La...51753/Comcast/Today_in_Video/?cid=hero_sf_TIV

I've played highschool football and have been to many college games. I have to say that it is nice to see women making news by going to open try-outs,but this is just wrong. Even if the woman in the link just did the kick off's,the first time she'd get blocked or hit by a man measuring 6'3" and 260 lbs,they'd be carrying her off on a stretcher. Just an example of how some kickers in football have been "trucked" by the opposing teams' players below.

[youtube]qYZZrkb47qc[/youtube]​

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I do not think we have to worry about it this season anyway...

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You're right,but I have seen women soccer players that have the skill to kick a 40 yard field goal with ease. My issue is seeing a lady that probably doesn't weigh more than 130 lbs getting hit by a man that could be two-and-a-half times her size running at full speed down the field. What we see on the TV doesn't do justice to what's happening on the field. Even the heaviest linemen(340 lbs usually) can run 40 yards in less than 5 seconds. That's a slow 40 in the NFL.

Unless there was a major rules change in the NFL that allowed for women to wear 'non-contact' jerseys,like we see with QB's during practice,then I don't see any sensible way to get women into the game and keep them even somewhat safe.