• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed A way to improve the "related thread" section

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Can we it collapsible and remember on our account if it's collapsed or not? I like to hit ctrl-end and skip the ranting sometimes :D

2) (and my actual suggestion) Can there be a date limit on this section? Sure it's usefull toknow there are related threads, but pulling up archived stuff from 2003 isn't usually relevant to the conversation at hand and could result in some thread necromancy if they aren't locked. And Necromancy is bad, just ask @Ashlynn_L

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
1) Can we it collapsible and remember on our account if it's collapsed or not? I like to hit ctrl-end and skip the ranting sometimes :D

2) (and my actual suggestion) Can there be a date limit on this section? Sure it's usefull toknow there are related threads, but pulling up archived stuff from 2003 isn't usually relevant to the conversation at hand and could result in some thread necromancy if they aren't locked. And Necromancy is bad, just ask @Ashlynn_L
1. I don't know how to make it remember the collapsing choices unfortunately.
2. Let me look into this. Several others have made the same report.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
1. I don't know how to make it remember the collapsing choices unfortunately.
2. Let me look into this. Several others have made the same report.
I can't find a way to limit how old of threads it will reference, but we can disable it for specific boards. The feature is supposed to help you find relevant information. It may only be useful in certain forums though. For example, the similar threads was disabled for the trade boards because old threads never have any importance for trading purposes. Let us know if you have any other suggestions or feedback.