• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A UO Rare?

G

Um, did I just let a true UO Rare or Event Rare decay?

I camped an IDOC, it fell, another guy was with me. He had a pack horse. There was basically nothing in the house. He left, and left his packhorse behind. I decided to snoop the horse because I knew that he did pick up some stuff off the ground. To my surprise there was a level 11 artifact Staff on the packhorse!!! I didnt take a good look at it because I was so excited... I have been away from UO awhile and just happened to stumble on this IDOC today and thought it would be fun to camp and loot it.

So anyways, the staff had a wierd name, it started with a "J" something like J'unaloska or something wierd. It was a dark greenish color. The rarity was 11. Other then that I can't recall anything about it... I was shocked to find it there, I figured the guy thought it was just a staff and didnt look at it good. He said he had just returned to UO also.

In my excitement I thought the best way to get the staff, since it wasnt my packhorse, would be to kill the horse with a monster. BIG MISTAKE since it doesnt become lootable... yeah I'm a bonehead! Anyway.. does anyone know what that staff is? I hope it wasnt a true rare because it decayed along with the horse about 5 minutes after death.

G

Might try posting it in the Rares Collector forum. I checked their posted list of event rares though and can't find anything that resembles what you say was on the horse, though it was a quick scan through since I'm getting ready for work right now.

G

No, its not a real rare. Its called Jaana's Staff and is currently an artifact drop in the anti virtue dungeons (Despise, Destard, ect.). It has the following properties:
Mage Weapon -20
Spell Channeling
Luck 220
DCI 15%

G

Jou'nar ... in the battle of Trinsic... thats what a Guildmate told me just now. That seems like it could be the name of the staff. Please tell me that was not rare!

G

Okay after looking at the Jaana Staff, I agree, that's what it was. Thanks for clearing that up for me!