• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A trip to the seaside..almost (Hannah event)

C

cheerful

*A letter to Nathan Hawke*

Dear commander,
thank you for your quick reply to my correspondence as you say, the more training we can give to Hannah the less vulnerable she will be.

I share your concern with Hannah's desire to run before she can walk and so will be teaching her spells and tactics of a defensive nature on our next foray.
To this end we will be venturing into a dungeon setting where awareness of your surroundings quite often determines your chances of survival.

As we have been invited to train with the Sosarian Rangers Guild I see this as an excellent oppotunity for Hannah to observe teamwork between owners and their pets and the different tactics used by tamers when utilising the skills of their pets.
Furthermore I will encourage Hannah to employ such spells as, In Vas Mani, Rel Sanct and others of a beneficial nature to enhance her understanding of co operation in battle and the importance of supporting roles.

Best regards
Alyx Astarsis

C

cheerful

Hannah's mood was light as we strolled through the countryside towards our destination. The conversation revolved around the forthcoming meeting and the mission ahead of us.
Hannah had questioned me before on the 'beast of the Gauntlet' and although I had no intention of facing the Dark Father at this time a trip to Dungeon Doom was within our scope, especially with the aid of one of the foremost taming guilds in Sosaria.

On arriving at the guild house of SRG we were greeted by the guild leader Lady Vaire who inturn introduced Hannah to the rest of the Sosarian Rangers Guild members and their beloved pets.

With pleasantries completed we made our way through Umbra town to the entrance of dungeon Doom. First port of call was the sorcerress Victoria and as Hannah remarked was looking remarkabley well for an 800 year old.

With the fire power that we had at our disposal we moved from the patchwork skeletons to the chambers that housed the formidable devourer of souls and rotting corpses whereupon Hannah witnessed first hand the capabilities of owner and pet against daemon and undead alike.
The practiced moves of the rangers made light work of the opposition but this afforded Hannah the chance of helping in the healing of pets and I am happy to say she progressed from In Mani to In Vas Mani during the course of the evening.

With bones collected and the fighting done we proceeded to entreat Victoria to call forth the Bone Daemon, with my attention momentarily focused away from Hannah the flash of a lightning bolt caused be to turn and scan the room whereupon I espy the shattered remains of a skeleton smouldering at the feet of an innocent looking Hannah.
Despite my stern look and admonishment I did'nt feel it had the impact on Hannah that I intended.

Once again Hannah put her talents to good use with In Vas Mani and soon the daemon was dispatched and golden skull recovered.

Back at guild HQ Hannah was presented with a piece of armour bearing the guild crafters name as a momento of her visit which Hannah delared she would wear at future events.
Hannah thanked all the SRG members for their hospitality and we made our way home.

The only inconveinence of the night was the sand that got between our toes whilst we picniced on the shore of Lake Mortis!

In conclusion commander I am pleased to report that Hannah's training proceeds at pace however, I fear it has done nothing to curb the exuberance of youth.

Regards
Alyx

SRG members - Vaire - Merlin - Scribouillard - Arkenea - Joanna Moonshine - Starlite - Mary Foxglove - lofiel - Kain and Lady Tyranissa Wrath.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to make some rough sketches of events as they unfolded - in between incidents of almost having my soul devoured - and I shall be putting these on display shortly.

Tyranissa Wrath

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the sketchpad of Lady Tyranissa Wrath...

Hannah meets the Sosaria Ranger Guild...

...and a friend from previous adventures (namely myself).

At the entrance to Doom, some last minute advice...

The adventurers pay a visit to Victoria, and begin the quest to summon the Bone Daemon.

Training in progress as Hannah shelters beneath the wings of Lady Vaire's hiryu.

Some welcome refreshments on the beach - not the best spot for a picnic, but most enjoyable!

The Bone Daemon is summoned!

Hannah witnesses the SRG victorious...

...amd thanks the guild for her adventure!

Glad to be of service!