• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Thank You

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to thank the person that figured out you can place items under archways by placing a trash barrel, dropping the item in, then axing the trash barrel. That is pure genius and thanks to that tip I've been able to complete a part of my house I never thought I'd be able to :)
I don't know who posted that idea or when, but I stored it in my memory bank and utilized it this past weekend.
And also a thank you to this forum in general - I have learned SO many wonderful tricks and hints over the years, and enjoyed many screenies of awesome designs and walkthroughs.
Thank you to everyone here!!!
~ NDM

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you know you can use sacrificial alters to do "funky" things with items as well? Same principal but you can use deco tool to "walk" the alter where ever you want as long as it is inside your house.. Ive used this to create a 4th floor on my castle. Now if I could just figure out what exactly how I am going to finish it!

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you know you can use sacrificial alters to do "funky" things with items as well? Same principal but you can use deco tool to "walk" the alter where ever you want as long as it is inside your house.. Ive used this to create a 4th floor on my castle. Now if I could just figure out what exactly how I am going to finish it!
Ok Murdok I'm very curious what you mean here... especially wit the "Walk" the alter bit... care to give us a bit more info?

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a different trick to place under acrhways. But it involves using two accounts.

1. Stand under the archway.
2. place an empty container on the ground.
3. drop the item you wish to place in the conatainer, then pick up the item again (but do not drop it in your pouch, just hang on to it).
4. With the second account, pick up the container you droped the item in and place the container in your second account's pack.
5. Back to your first account, now drop the item on a spellbook or rune book.

Dropping the item on a spellbook or runebook forces it to bounce back to its original location (the container you pulled it from). But since the container is in another player's pack, the item is forced to automatically drop to your feet.

Your solution is much more simple but this trick worked well in some very unique situations where the trash barrel wouldn't have.