• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

a stupid question a stupid statement and a stupid request

• Thread starter Anon McDougle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Anon McDougle

1. whats max dex i need for max swing speed with the horselord ?

2. why the hell does mining raise dex but shooting a bow and using bandaids dont

3.once you have reached max stat points why not make them set able like on test we have been in game long enough to learn how to gain str etc why not make it if not easy at least realistic

P

packrat

150 is max dex. 125 normal and 150 with goodies.
If I am not mistaken, doing anything in game almost can raise dex. There is a timer on it. Not sure what it is anymore. I know playing a musical instrument use to work. When I wanted to raise a stat, I carried an instrument and would play it to get a gain.

A

AZ-

125 is max dex you can get from true stat points. From pots and +dex items, you can get to 150.

Swing isn't based on dex, it's based on stamina. Max is 180.

Only way to swing a Yumi close to cap is 180 stamina, 45 SSI (35 SSI w/ divine fury) it swings at 2s. At 60 SSI (the max SSI) you still swing at 2s. It's impossible to reach swing cap for the Yumi.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Feel free to correct me):

I assume you're after causing the highest damage possible. Consider the Heavy XBow here for a second..

You can dismount and shoot on the run for plenty of damage, both are practical.

But if you're aiming at damage specifically, go for the Yumi's Double Shot and AP abilities of course and use Bolas for the Dismounting.

Make sure your weapon has HLD and you're wearing Mace/Shield glasses with 120 Archery and max HCI. You don't wanna miss even once with that kind of slow-mo weapon.

Spell effect is also a must. Then Mana Leech, you'll want to be using your Specials often for that extra kick.
On top of that consider 120 Anat/Tactics and 125 Strength to get max damage output per shot.

The template better be including Bushido(for the special moves of the Yumi obviously) and Chivalry for Divine Fury as the other poster said.

PS This cannot be a Stealth-based template as Yumi's Double Shot requires you to be riding a horse. It's too much preparation to Hide > Stealth > Ride > Wait for your target to pass by.
See, between AP and DShot I'd definitely spam DShot more.

All that is my personal opinion, you might want something totally different.

PS2 You counter the Moving Shot's damage penalty with Divine Fury, makes up for some of it. Then Consecrate Weapon and high DI items(if you're going the way I assumed you want those anyhow).

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

You need 178 stamina to swing a Yumi at 1.25s with 50 ssi. I believe 50 ssi is the cap, you can also get 10 on the tokuno minor helm and 5 on one of the crafted jewls.

To raise stats get your character to the skill cap (buy points in skills you don't need if necessary), then lock every skill. Point your stats in the right direction to allow you to gain then do this:

For str, turn arms lore up (with everything else still locked) and make a macro for arms lore, wait for target, last target. Arms lore a piece of armor or weapon and use the macro.

For dex, turn music up (with everything else still locked) make a macro for last object and use an instrument then hold down the last object macro.

For int, turn focus and med up (with everything else still locked) and burn all your mana/stam preferably on the same tile. A good way to burn all your stamina is to pick up something too heavy in your house and try changing direction. For mana take off any lmc.