• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Study of the Gargoyle & Human

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mid July:
I will begin this research noting this: DragonStone Clan has settled among the Gargoyle city and We have recently gotten the chance to be named emissary's to Ter Mur by the Governor of Britain. During my stay here, in Ter Mur, up to this point we have become quite close to the Gargoyle and have helped many refugee around the city with food and medical assistance. As the clan begins to invite guests from Britannia to our village the strangers while mingling among these gargoyles sometimes seem to bring out hostile aggression's. With My observation of the gargoyles I have seen much education for the youth of them. They have a very nice large school and a wonderful library. The cultural arts are quite grand, the museum within the Royal City is large with lovely art. The Royal City has a great market where most any need can be met, yet with any open market there will be the common thief problem which seems to be anywhere in the world. So to sum up what I have seen so far; The Gargoyles are a very intelligent race, with marvelous schools, They are refined in the arts, They barter and and sell their wares as do we, they make due with what food supply they have abundance of. so they do eat meat and have teeth since I saw that question brought up as I happen to notice John showing his open mouth and teeth to a sassy Gargoyle whom wandered into the guild hall a few evenings ago. So all in all they may quite possibly live better then many humans.

I will continue to observe the race and how it seems to get along with Human and Elf and makes notes accordingly.

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a message for the Dragon Stone Clan dictated to me by a rather bedraggled looking Gargoyle by the name of Phelonius Lyre, who I found shivering in the snowstorm on the steps of my keep on Ice Island when I arrived there from the mainland. I let the poor soul in (a female of the race) and offered her a seat on my only remaining stick of furniture, an antique red velvet throne.
She spoke perfect English, almost too perfect, with an odd accent. She explained that she was one of the many gargoyles who were enslaved from their youth, Having managed to escape her captors she made her way to the Royal City hoping to make a life for herself there. She found herself awed by the beauty of the city, the wealth of goods for sale and the market with many tempting foods. Passing the bank, she saw someone, a human, conducting their business who looked over at her somewhat scornfully. She was about to greet him when he hastily ran for the door, dropping a small bit of gold coins and a very nice Gargish shield on the floor as he left.
She said that she then walked about the area south of the moongate and there were fine houses but not a soul to be seen. So she returned to Royal City and the Inn where she paid some coins for a fine room and slept in comfort for the first time she could remember after first having taken a hot bath in a claw footed tub with a showering tool.
In the morning she used the moongates to travel around and explore. It was dangerous business since her only skills were the innate mysticism and throwing abilities common to gargoyles. While admiring a small house, a troll came after her and she started to run. Just then a woman emerged from the house and slew the troll and called to her. "Let me help you" she said. "I have some Gargish armor upstairs in a chest that you may have. Not the greatest but it is a start. And then they sat and had a chat. Phelonius Lyre spoke of her desire to have a modest house below the Royal City and study the lore and skills of her people. She needed an appropriate way to indroduce herself to her (hopefully) future neighbors, the Dragons, whoever they are. "You could write them a message and leave it for them" she said . Alas, although I have learned the English spoken by most humans well, I cannot write at all. Then she spoke to Phelonius of one of "the old ones" who was occasionally seen about and may be able to help her. That shop-keep was referring no doubt to me who she remembered from from the town of Kinship and the Senior Citizens of Britannia.
So Phelonius set off for Kinship but when she arrived at the location of the keep there that was my former home, she saw that it had a new owner. And of course nobody was around. So she went to the tavern in nearby Skara Brae to inquire of the locals. A certain Timber Wolf was in there, pretty much in his cups, and he looked up as she spoke. "Ah you are looking for Barefoot! She never had a real name as long as I known her. They called her the 'Barefoot Princess", Bare for short. I helped her place that keep over there when she returned from being sick and away a long time. But then she disappeared again. It was rumored by the monks in Yew Abbey that she went to some distant monastery. Me, I figured that she up and died, her heart being bad and all. But then a few days ago this wench Sally Rose comes in and buys 20 bottles of wine here, claiming she was making dyes. Well good a cover-up as any I suppose for getting into the sauce. This Sally was vaguely familiar to me so I said hello to her and wished her a good day. Then she eyed me closely and said ' Bares old friend, I have some news for you, she is back. I dropped her at an abandoned keep on Ice Island where she said she would be just fine.' So Phelonius, if you can get yourself to Ice Island perhaps you will find her there. If I were sober I would help you." Timber Wolf hung his head over his ale and she went for the door. She knew that there were portals to dungeons and that Deceit dungeon could be found on Ice Island so at the first public portal she found she went to the island and found this place, as yet unnamed and unfurnished.
That all being said, Phelonius Lyre wishes to greet the Dragon Stone Clan and other human residents of the Royal City and hopes to make your acquaintance. She hopes in time to establish a residence there and to share in the high quality of living provided there under the auspices of the Queen.

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Frantic lately at DragonStone Hall, I receive a message, reading a smile comes across my face. As I have heard My Mentor Jaden has taken residence at the Fortress on Ice Island with a few other of the clan residing there now as well. So according to this message it comes from a keep on the frigid island as well. *slight chuckle* What a small world, reading on I read about the Gargoyle Lady in search of us. Imediately I send for Telcher and Foxmire, knowing how Devlin gets all befuddled around Gargoyle ladies I best save that meeting till a lil later, and Roberto is not around DragonStone as much last few months. Then again a trip to Ice Island to catch up with Jaden perhaps she can help me find this Gargoyle

Barefoot Scribe

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I received several poorly written messages from Phelonius Lyre, the gargoyle lady that I have, it seems, taken under my wing. It seems that she has overcome her shyness and used the recent Ter Mur market as an opportunity to make her social debut. She relates how her campaign to earn loyalty to Queen Zhah is not going well, owning to her lack of skill at overcoming the creatures that she must slay to gain theses points. Then early this morning, the poor soul appeared at the keep, exhausted, wearing tattered clothes, and confessing her readiness to quit the whole thing. She begged for my assistance.
I counseled her that the struggle against the foul beasts surrounding the Royal City was a good way for her to earn not only loyalty, but gain in the skills of throwing and mysticism. She must persevere. However I have sympathy for her frustration. I have decided to help her in her cause.because now I am nearly done with the pressing issues of downsizing my interests in the kingdom of Siege Perilous.
In the meantime I am still in need of a loom, I have found some lovely gift baskets in the mailbox with items that I am gradually placing around the keep.
Thank you to the kind neighbors who dropped off the gifts. I look forward to meeting you.