• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Sort of Home Coming - Some Questions

R

RJO

Hello all,

In the hopes of finding an active UO community to be a part of I'm planning on starting a new set of characters on Atlantic. I've been on GL since the game went live but I was the first Senior Counsellor responsible for Atlantic way way back in the day (SRC Striker if anyone long shot remembers me!).

A few questions for you folks to help me get established:
1) Who are the big guilds on the server? I'm looking for a larger guild likely focused more on the PVM side.
2) Where are the main hang outs?
3) Any weekly/monthly/random events worth/mandatory to check out?
4) Anyone know a good real estate guy in game I can try and track down a decent property?

Any random Atlantic specific advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys look forward to joining you all soon.

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail and well met!

1- UWF ( united we fight ) Was and i think still is the biggest Guild on Atl and UO ( at least they were when i was with them ) Great Bunch of friendly peeps. There is a bunch of other good guilds ( Runic knights , DDP ) But im not sure about the numbers. If you're into Light Rp pirating guilds i can suggest my guild [ Pir8 ] , But its tiny ( guild is a bout a year old but i havent start recruiting yet lol).

2- haven & Luna mint, some folks still hang at WWB , couple at skara .

3 - check Atl Em website & Atl event forum

4 - Vladimir or any of the [Home] guild peeps. I know about 2 nice spots but if you want to have bigger than a L-shape you might want to see them.

D

Draken-Korin

Welcome to Atlantic.

Plenty of guilds hang in or around Haven (and Luna) but I find the best way for a player to find the right fit for him/her is to hang with that guild a bit. Join a guild off the bat and you are only exploring that one guilds style and missing out on so much of what atlantic has to offer, diversity.

Good luck in your travels.

C

Caldwin_DDP

Welcome back, you're going to love it!

There are indeed several large guilds on the Atlantic shard. Some are spawning or raiding guilds and spend a lot of time in the Fel ruleset areas. The large PvM guilds play mostly in the Tram ruleset areas but my experience is that in those large PvM guilds you'll always find some who spawn in Fel, too.

There are crafting, RP and even Tamer only guilds. These didn't seem to be what you were after.

DDP is a PvM guild for casual gamers. We help new and returning players get into the game with a bare minimum of guild directed activities. You won't find many of us sitting around banks. We're more likely to be at the Humility Champ spawn or Navrey. And right now I'm all tied up trying to redo a house with the new theme packs. Argh! (Yeah I love it)

We're not for everyone and no guild is. I can say this, I've come upon a few folks who are reluctant to join a guild because of a bad experience in a prior guild. Don't quit the game because of a guild. Don't give up on finding a group you like to be with.

Good luck in your new pursuits and welcome back,
Cal

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy... and I agree with Draken... come hang out at New Haven Bank (Most of the guilds show up here and you can meet and get to know everybody then decide on the guild that best fits ya play style).

There are plenty of small plots for ya to place... ask around somebody is sure to show you a small plot for ya to get started... I think you will enjoy Atlantic... good community and great population...

Welcome back or Welcome to Atlantic...

L

Lightningstrike

Hail,
Welcome to Atlantic. The Black Tower Guild is a PvM guild that enjoys to have fun and create friendships within the guild and alliance. We hunt spawns, bosses, etc in both Tram and in Fel and may do some PvP every now and then. We are a guild that does not tolerate cheating, stealing nor player killing. We have guild events such as guild meetings and tournaments. We are one of the top ten guilds in atlantic as well. You are more than welcome to try us out for a while and see if this guild may be right for you. Looking forward to meeting you friend. Contact a Black Tower member in game for more information.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WB :) If u have questions ingame Help Chat is a good place to start. Most of us folks in there will try ta give solid advise. For item prices I'd suggest asking several players at different times since its well known some folks multi-client in order to set their own prices on their items.

Jim - WTS 2 Tangles XXXmils ! .............................\
Joe - oh wow man thats a great price ! ...................\
John - sure is, i'll take one of those asap ! .............../ All the same person.
Jim - only have one left, who wants a great deal ? .../

Wish ya the best chief :)

D

darkstar71

Hey, I remember you fellow SRC I started counseling on Cats but was there at the end with ya when we did all the east coast shards SRC Allworth.

Theres some good alliances as well on ATL made up of a bunch smaller guilds kinda gives you theh best of both worlds IMO. PM if your interested. I check here at least every few days.
Peace