• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A sneak peak at my rune library

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Come on in and enjoy a good book by the fire!

She has been Appropriately named 'Rose Red public Library' . Anyone who has seen the movie can relate to the ever changing castle designs and remodeling.

The library is located on the third floor of my Trammel castle. The teleporter on the left when you first walk in will take you up there.
Rune books are conveniently organized (in the best way i know how anyways) with all Tram ruleset facets on the left (blue) and Fel on the right (red).

Located between the hedge maze and Skara Brae Trammel on the Atlantic shard.
Map.jpg

First floor
first floor.jpg

Second Floor
2nd floor.jpg

Portico
Portico.jpg

Third floor Library
3rd floor - Library.jpg

Rooftop
Rooftop.jpg

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this castle I have to see. Its very near my castle on Europa(at the 3 green little fields you see on your map!) So I have a rune:). Some things I didnt like tbh .. that yellow /lime carpet at the library is one ,maybe it look different on my screen. I would use a warmer dye more the same as the ligther parts of the dragon maybe. And the displayed checques isnt a favourite. Most I found adorable and smart and good colours , like bedroom torture room, bar.. lots of things and clolour next lvl . Next lvl front yard with thoose insert stairs leading down to the left ..sorry im going to copy them from now.. The library with the altar..what a great idea ! And the roof with the connected ponds and such perfect colour for the canal, I always find water difficult.
I used stonecraft on three castles so far, so I see how much time you spent on this ! If you see a Foxglove lady sneaking around in there some day its just me :eyes:

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for props and input :thumbup:
The color for the carpet was a concern for me. I wanted yellowish or gold color to tie it in with the gold accents on the floors below and also to help the alter really pop. But had a difficult time getting a decent match with the carpet. What i think i might try is using gold granite pavers or dieing the pavers with tokuno pigment. Possibly paragon gold. This would also eliminate all the carpet and help a little with the castle lag as a positive side effect.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fooled around with it again and changed the color of the carpet to something a little softer. I haven't tried plant dyes yet but that could be an option. Didnt like the dyed pavers as much as the carpet, even when dyed. The dye tubs that work for the carpet are seriously lacking when it comes to any of the yellow shades.

Last edited:

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the tub yellows are too greenish. For some carpets the metallic tub is ok but not the normal. And the special clothng dye tub does not even have a yellow!

PenNPaper

Visitor
Nice , not to crowded and looks real nice.
What type of bookshelf did you use. And what is that round simble on the floor, the kind of 6 pointed star one? I am building a small library in my house and like the way the bookshelfs look.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice , not to crowded and looks real nice.
What type of bookshelf did you use. And what is that round simble on the floor, the kind of 6 pointed star one? I am building a small library in my house and like the way the bookshelfs look.
Thanks. The bookshelves are the craftable wooden bench's. I made mine out of blood wood for the color but you can also us the furniture dye tub on them.
The round symbol on the floor is the 'Codex of Virtue'. You can get from either the 12th or 20th anniversary tokens. VS works to though lol

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Very nice! May I share on UO Home Decor?
I was just thinking the same thing. I hope to see more collections of house ideas on the website. I use it for so much decorating it isn’t even funny. Right now I am looking for some “memorial” type setups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk