• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Smith's Dream of Magic Ore.

G

This weekend I smelted magic weapons with hit lightning.
I managed to purify the ore to the lightning effect with the help of some alchemy potions and powders. Ill have to thank my neighbor for stocking some fine products. I know it took him hours to hunt down the ingredients.

After nearly 70 items which was about 1000 ingots with this magical property, I continued to smelt it down to high-grade magic ore. That is about 50 highly charged ingots. I am now able to direct hit lightning to a weapon.

Sadly, it is not a permanent effect. Time will slowly reduce the the magical hit intensity. My katana is now at 38% HL, a week go it was at 50%. Though I fought 100's of monsters, I see it will need to be recharged. The process becomes more difficult as you recharge the weapon, to the point it will no longer work. One day I hope to discover how to make the effect a life long effect.

How is it done?

I smelt 3 of my magic ingots into 1 ingot of the ore I wish to use.

If the weapon takes 7 ingots of valorite then it costs me 21 ingots of high grade magic ore. More if the grade is lower.

What's interesting is the range of intenisties. Sometimes its been as low as 25% hit effect and other times its been just over 50%. The beauty of the process is it is in addition to runic properties of the hammer. I crafted a katana with 39% hit lightning from my ores and it also had its own hit lightning of 42%. A powerful weapon for the short term. As stated, the effect just doesnt seem to last.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting that option would be sweet. Instead of runic hammers that are generalized,we would receive hammer that would give a specific property.

G

Very cool ideas. It would make crafting much more enjoyable imho.

G

DEVS: WANT! WANT!! Put this in. WANT!!!<blockquote><hr>

This weekend I smelted magic weapons with hit lightning.
I managed to purify the ore to the lightning effect with the help of some alchemy potions and powders. Ill have to thank my neighbor for stocking some fine products. I know it took him hours to hunt down the ingredients.

After nearly 70 items which was about 1000 ingots with this magical property, I continued to smelt it down to high-grade magic ore. That is about 50 highly charged ingots. I am now able to direct hit lightning to a weapon.

Sadly, it is not a permanent effect. Time will slowly reduce the the magical hit intensity. My katana is now at 38% HL, a week go it was at 50%. Though I fought 100's of monsters, I see it will need to be recharged. The process becomes more difficult as you recharge the weapon, to the point it will no longer work. One day I hope to discover how to make the effect a life long effect.

How is it done?

I smelt 3 of my magic ingots into 1 ingot of the ore I wish to use.

If the weapon takes 7 ingots of valorite then it costs me 21 ingots of high grade magic ore. More if the grade is lower.

What's interesting is the range of intenisties. Sometimes its been as low as 25% hit effect and other times its been just over 50%. The beauty of the process is it is in addition to runic properties of the hammer. I crafted a katana with 39% hit lightning from my ores and it also had its own hit lightning of 42%. A powerful weapon for the short term. As stated, the effect just doesnt seem to last.

[/ QUOTE ]WANT!!!!