• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A small question for reds (need info)...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,
first of all: yes, I am a trammie. But I am going to fel for resources and also for buying things cheaper.
I usually go to fel smiths to buy normal iron weapons and armor to fill Bods.
Yesterday the following happened:

I was standing next to the NPC smith (think it was in vesper) buying things. Suddenly a red comes riding in, moving circles around me. I moved so he could see I wasn´t unattended, he seemed to mind his own business, but suddenly a lot of things seemed to happen at the same time:

he disappears, I am suddenly redlined (my Str is 150 and I suddenly had about 14 HP left), the NPC shouts "Guards", I hear a death cry, and there he is, dead at my feet.

I mounted my beetle and recalled away.
Now my questions:
he seemed to be experienced (i just guess, because he was at least able to nearly one hit kill me), so why did he attack me inside a guard zone? Was there any chance his attack could have been successful?

IF he would have one hit killed me, would the NPC not have shouted for guards? Or did he just accept death, hoping to get resed faster than me and then loot my corpse (if looting corpses is possible in guard zones - don´t know this)?

Last question: could I have looted his body after he was guard whacked? Or would I have been guard whacked as well doing this?

I tried to take my stealther to fel yew gate and ask some reds who were running around there. They listened politely but somehow did not get my questions. They answered (just before killing me :)) that the guy who tried this probably had no clue, but this did not really convince me.

Would be grateful for an answer (will be much more careful in fel guard zones from now on),

Hephaistos of Europa

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he disappears, I am suddenly redlined (my Str is 150 and I suddenly had about 14 HP left), the NPC shouts "Guards", I hear a death cry, and there he is, dead at my feet.
Not sure why he disapeared but he could have had hiding or it could have been network lag. He may have high enhance potions and tried to kill you with an explode potion, or maybe he precast and expolsion spell and used a potion as well. It depends on the fire resist on your character.

he seemed to be experienced (i just guess, because he was at least able to nearly one hit kill me), so why did he attack me inside a guard zone? Was there any chance his attack could have been successful?
He may have been bored, and depending on your resists he may have one hit killed you, or by two hitting you at the same time.

IF he would have one hit killed me, would the NPC not have shouted for guards? Or did he just accept death, hoping to get resed faster than me and then loot my corpse (if looting corpses is possible in guard zones - don´t know this)?
Depends on the NPC for calling guards, but yes if it is the correct type of NPC it would have still called guards. He probably would have looted you if he was successful. And again he probably was bored because ever since the introduction of Tram, most areas in Fel are a ghost town.

Last question: could I have looted his body after he was guard whacked? Or would I have been guard whacked as well doing this?
You can always loot a red or grey corpse in Fel because they are criminals with no fear of being guard killed.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Not sure why he did it, maybe for fun. Yes he could had successed it and if there had not been any npc's near to call, he could had looted you too.

If a npc see it, they will call guards. I don't know if he would had been able to loot you, there may be some bugs I don't know about.

Yes you can loot a red without getting guard killed and I don't think it will flag you aggressore grey to him, but I'm not sure.

I tried to take my stealther to fel yew gate and ask some reds who were running around there. They listened politely but somehow did not get my questions. They answered (just before killing me :)) that the guy who tried this probably had no clue, but this did not really convince me.
They may had been very young, you do not find the most mature reds there.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you both very much!

The only question remaining would be: why did he do it? Because according to your answers he actually had no chance whatsoever to get my stuff.

The NPC was standing right next to me clearly visible. So even if he would have killed me, he would have had no chance to get my stuff, not even with another blue char I think, because he would have been guard whacked again trying to loot my corpse.
So the only possible answer prolly is: he wanted to see if he can one hit kill me (knowing he will not be able to loot me and accepting his own death).

And you both were probably right: he must have been veeeery bored to do this :) (unless there is some possibility we all have not thought of).

Thanks again,

Hephaistos of Europa

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He could have had an accomplice near by to res him so he could look to see what you had on your corpse. If it was any good he would loot it and get guard killed again, but then his buddy could loot the red guy for your item. lather... rinse... repeat...

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you! did not think of this at all.... (although it sounds like a lot of trouble but some items are prolly worth it).

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to say that he was just plain bored and didn't even attempt it for the loot.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We reds on Europa do it all the time. Trying to kill some on in a GZ before they get the chance to shout guards. My guess is that he never thought about the NPC. Yew gate is a clasic... 3 reds stealth up to a single blue at yew gate and all hit him at once. See who wins us or him shouting guards

L

Lord Drakelord

A while back I had the pleasure to watch a red get wack in a guard zone near the yew sheep pens. Some just have a dumb moment and forget where they are at.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why murderers shouldn't be allowed into guard zones. You are lucky the NPC called guards otherwise you would be dead and lost anything of value. There are ways to avoid NPCs calling guards and if you had died chances are he would have pulled it off.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you meant to say.."this is why blues should not be allowed in Fel"!

it's funny because blues get their own entire world to themselves yet they are allowed to come to Fel as well.

Fel still has 10 blue wandering healers to 1 red wandering healer. So when a red dies he has to run all over the world to get ressed. Dont forget that Moonglow is still $%*#@# as a location so reds cant go there to res like in the past.

Blues on the other hand can res at just about every shrine in Ilsh, Luna gate and again the countless blue wandering healers.

If I had it my way, no blue would be allowed in Fel, unless guilded to a waring guild or if they are in factions. (BTW the waring guild would have to have at least 10 members in it. This would stop people from having two accounts to war each other jsut so they could go to Fel)

Or how about this: In Fel a red can only attack a red. A blue can not attack any player in Fel red or blue. This is the weenie option for the trammies who don't like the idea of only Reds in Fel.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is another thought:
How about they make it to where there are no more reds and blues like we know it.

If you go to Tram your character whill be blue, if you go to Fel your character will be red. Nice and simple, except for the fact that no more wanna be pvpers will come to Fel anymore.