• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] A simple question: Necro Vs Scribe?

• Thread starter Barl DeAbreago
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Barl DeAbreago

So you've got exactly 100 poitns left to pump some extra damage into your temp.

Scribe is going to net you a base incrase to the damage of every spell you cast. Also gives you the resist spell bumps, not that one should require it, but its nice to have.

60 Necro/40 SS is going to give you the ability to pump up your spells, allbeit manually, to a slightly greater effect - though the cool spells one gains this route are resistable.

I suppose tis also fair to say that depending on how much time and money one wants to spend to finish a template, the second option is much easier to accomplish, though gming scribe is by no means hard.

So in short, what is the general preference or oppinion ?

Which course woudl you choose to make your mage that much more pvpable?

E

Edmond_Dantes

Inscription bonus is definitely really nice, but I would personally chose necro over inscription

With necromancy, you get corpse skin/evil omen which are truly wonderful in pvp in combo with magery, not to mention blood oath and pain spike which are great against dexxers

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go Scribe.

At 40 SS, your only useful spell is Evil Omen, Your Curses dont really last that long. Oh, Maybe Corpse Skin, That may last 45 Seconds. But if you look at it that way, everyone eats enchanted apples every 15 seconds anyway.

N

NickyDishes

Go Scribe.

At 40 SS, your only useful spell is Evil Omen, Your Curses dont really last that long. Oh, Maybe Corpse Skin, That may last 45 Seconds. But if you look at it that way, everyone eats enchanted apples every 15 seconds anyway.
i agree....with imbuing now(corpse proof suits), enchanted apples, and faction bandies....60 necro and 40 ss isnt gonna be as effective as inscription.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree....with imbuing now(corpse proof suits), enchanted apples, and faction bandies....60 necro and 40 ss isnt gonna be as effective as inscription.
These Items have made my main PvPer USELESS! Something needs to be done about this ASAP. But I'm not holding my breathe :(

C

Capt.E

instead of waiting for them to change, why not change your temp? I made a scribe mystic, it's pretty nice. I still haven't mastered it yet, but I can see it being very effective.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
instead of waiting for them to change, why not change your temp? I made a scribe mystic, it's pretty nice. I still haven't mastered it yet, but I can see it being very effective.
There is one running around BMG on Oceania atm. He is so cowardly with it. IMHO Mystic isnt going to be a very good pvp skill. I tried it once but got the ****s with it before I can really kill anyone with it.