• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A shout out to my dear friend Aedon Dureah

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For all his humour and humility Aedon Dureah is one of Catskills great storytellers. I have had the honor of Roleplaying with him and weaving wonderful tales for nearing a decade. Below is a sample of the magick Aedon could weave when telling of the encounters we had while logged into UO.
_____

The fire crackled softly in the hearth, casting soft shadows around the small room. Aedon sat in the chair, quietly sipping his tea while reading the same passage of a book over and over. It was a heady blend. Much like the one that Sage often included in packages to him.

From time to time, he glanced over the top of the book he held and watched as she slept soundly upon the bed. From deep beneath him, he could feel the rumble of the great balefire. It's presence radiated throughout the building, concentrating its will within the small room.

Through half closed eyes, he could see the gently waves of flame that seemed to dance across her. Warm hands reaching for her, encompassing her in a gently caress, as if to try to soothe away the worry of the past days. He was mesmerized by the display of affection before him. The balefire and the firebrand, one in the same, each sharing the life which burst forth from the main building of the Freehold of Roses.

His thought's drifted back a couple of days to the note sent by the Duchess. It asked if he knew that Sage had gone missing. It was clear to Aedon that there was a genuine concern as to the fate of the leader of the Rose. Promising to try to get in touch with Sage, he assured Selora he would let her know what news he could find.

He was certain she was still within the Freehold. Sage would never leave the balefire unattended. And so, he waited a couple of days, hoping to hear word from his friend. When none came, he sat out in the wee hours of the morn to find out, if he could, what had become of Sage.

The Freehold was quiet when he arrived. Only the occasional stirring from the gypsy camp nearby broke the stillness. It was clear to Aedon though that something was not quite right. There was a thrumming that reached deep inside of him. It shook his soul and lent a sense of urgency to his steps.

Moving quickly to the main building, he went up to the stairs and reached to rap on the door. To his surprise, the door swung open, and he felt himself being pushed inside, the door shutting fast behind him. He walked over to the entrance of Sage's office and tapped lightly. This door too slid rapidly opened, and before he could greet her properly, Sage grabbed his arm, and pulled him inside, closing and latching the door as quick as it slid shut.

He looked to her and smiled a bit saying he was worried and had come to check on her. She took him by the arm again, and pulled him into another room.

“This room is secure, no one can hear what is said.”

He noticed something about Sage he was not used to. She was frightened, ill at ease. She told him of a visitor that had come to the Freehold some days hence. She had seen him from the window, moving slowly through the snow. He appearance was that of a human, but she believed him to be sidhe. He came to the door and knocked, and she answered asking how she might help him.

This was normal for Sage. Always offering assistance to those who passed through. He spoke of looking for a way down out of the mountain pass, but Sage noted that he had just come into the area.

She noticed something about the man. A hollow despair, and a deep discomfort stared to build around her. Then, from deep within the cavern below, the balefire cried out in pain. Dread and fear rushed through each corner of the freehold, and clenched the young woman's heart. She quickly told the stranger that the way he came in was the only way out of the valley, and closed the door, locking it tight.

The next day, he returned to the door and knocked. Sage could see him through a window. The sight of him brought her no ease. Taking herself into the caverns beneath the freehold, she huddled close to the balefire, hiding lest the stranger return.

It was clear to Aedon that Sage's fear was real. The threat she felt form this man genuine. And several days without quiet slumber had left her shaking. Looking to her Aedon asked;

“Would you like me to stay the night, stand guard while you rest?”

Sage nodded, and led him to another room further down in the building. A fireplace burned warmly in the hearth and a pot of tea hung lazily over keeping the brew within at just the right temperature. Hugging him tightly, she thanked him for being there, and then laid herself, gracefully, upon the bed. The room around him calmed as the fire beneath him cooed to Sage, lulling her to sleep.

Looking back to his book, Aedon chuckled softly as he noticed he was no further on in his reading then he had been three hours before. Pouring another cup of tea he sat back, and gazed into the fire. For the time, the building, the fire, the keeper was at rest. In the morning, he would take the description of the man Sage had seen to Vlad. Perhaps they could find this man, and discover what it was about him that had moved a firebrand to cower in a cavern, as her balefire shivered in pain, and called out across the miles for someone to come to their aid.
_____
Source: http://infinite-repository.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sage&action=display&thread=11

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles softly and bows to her*

It is often while I sit alone in my office that my thoughts turn fondly to you and the Freehold of Roses. Much of my life, my happiness, my love of beauty seemed to center around that place. The warmth of the balefire touched my very soul, and drove my dreams to wild imaginings. As night again settles softly around Connemara, I again pour a cup of the wonderful tea, a gift from you, and allow myself to drift back to the snow covered valley outside Luna, and walk again in happiness among the fae.