• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A rumor regarding merges

G

I have heard from a few people that we may be required to move our sims to ea-land without properties due to the issues with the merge system. (was told they saw it on stratics) i cannot find anything about this, anyone have a clue?

G

How many "I heard this rumor..." threads must there be? If it's posted on TSO-E, it's true. If it's not - it's most likely false.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Since they were able to merge TC with TC3 with properties and its not on tso-e I would say it is false.

G

Well, that's the first I heard of it -- and I've been all over these forums today!

Nothing on TSO-E about it either.

I think it's safe to declare this one - <font color="red">RUMOR</font>

G

This blog post explains that the devs have discovered a problem with the merge.

A few posters have suggested they'd be happy to move their sim to EA-Land without their property if it would help resolve the issue.

There was another thread about this here a day or so ago, I'll see if I can find it to link to in a minute.

Polly

I

imported_Founder

Well, there is a famous saying about rumors, but because this is a Rated-PG board, I can't tell you the actual quote, BUT it involves a word that rhymes with "grass knolls" and that everybody has one.

However, this has gave me an idea for EAL. I'm going to start a new lot and call it "Rumorville." Sims would come in and I will charge them for rumors. The better the rumor, the more expensive it will be. Here is a sneak peek of the rumor catalog...

100 Simoleans: Will buy you a cheap rumor like the one you see in this thread.

1,000 Simoleans: Will buy you a rumor about 4th year anniversary gift actually being a blueprint for 5th year gift.

10,000 Simoleans: Break out champagne and rose petals, my friends! For this amount, you will get your very own photoshopped custom content photo of one of the devs romancing a sheep. (Or maybe its not really photoshopped *dramatic music plays*)

With so many gullible people, I can make a fortune out of this!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then I told the worried noobs that if its on stratics its probably not true. Only believe what you read on the blog from the developers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just wow.

People often post here with rumours they've heard in game and we're quick to dispel them and point them towards accurate information. From time to time the devs and Parizad also post here to confirm that a rumour is not true.

There are a host of stickied thread giving factual information and there are a host of threads giving people's opinions on gameplay. Even mid discussion, you'll find people posting to correct a misconception.

So please feel free to point out all the incorrect information you see being given out on stratics.

Thanks

Polly

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Then I told the worried noobs that if its on stratics its probably not true. Only believe what you read on the blog from the developers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just wow.

People often post here with rumours they've heard in game and we're quick to dispel them and point them towards accurate information. From time to time the devs and Parizad also post here to confirm that a rumour is not true.

There are a host of stickied thread giving factual information and there are a host of threads giving people's opinions on gameplay. Even mid discussion, you'll find people posting to correct a misconception.

So please feel free to point out all the incorrect information you see being given out on stratics.

Thanks

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Many people are not familiar with names of developers or even recognize the little badges by their names.

I have often read discussions and speculations on stratics and then heard information repeated in game as fact just because they read it on these message boards. It is not a matter of misinformation as it is people taking things from a discussion out of context and then repeating something as fact just because they read it here.

For those of us that are familiar with stratics and where to find information it is not that big of a problem. However, to a new player stratics can be an overwhelming experience to find information.

I, too, recommend the developers blog to dispell rumors.

I

imported_SimTripps

What also happens is you could have 20 people reading something, and get 20 different interpretations of what it means... The only way to officially validate information is when it comes from the devs themselves... Even then people will still continue to misinterpret them lol...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

What also happens is you could have 20 people reading something, and get 20 different interpretations of what it means... The only way to officially validate information is when it comes from the devs themselves... Even then people will still continue to misinterpret them lol...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!

Many people even read the word "indefinitely" on the blog to mean never.

Indefinitely only means they have no predictable schedule for merges to happen.

G

I don't disagree Gracie, I just take issue with the statement "if its on stratics its probably not true".

A lot of people put a lot of time and energy into trying to make sure that the right information is given on stratics, the devs included. Lee has gone out of his way and way beyond the call of duty to help people with their technical problems and many people have benefited from the information provided.

Feels like a waste of everybody's time and effort when you read a statement like that.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Many people are not familiar with names of developers or even recognize the little badges by their names.

I have often read discussions and speculations on stratics and then heard information repeated in game as fact just because they read it on these message boards. It is not a matter of misinformation as it is people taking things from a discussion out of context and then repeating something as fact just because they read it here.

For those of us that are familiar with stratics and where to find information it is not that big of a problem. However, to a new player stratics can be an overwhelming experience to find information.

I, too, recommend the developers blog to dispell rumors.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I told them to read the blog. I didn't mean to put down stratics, it's just that so many ppl say so much here it's overwhelming.

And I was surprised the other night, when Parizad sent out a message to everyone to check if they were a premium customer, that the majority of ppl there didn't know who she was and didn't like her little joke on where to look to see where it said premium. I get her humor, they didn't like her remarks.

[/ QUOTE ]

might have been a joke and many may not have liked it, but the *truth* hurts. most noobs and alot of old sims in tso really don't know where to find that info. matter of fact you'd be surprised how many old sims have no idea how to trade or lock/unlock properties or change categories and many other things etc..

G

TTL

Contrary to popular belief, ignorance is not bliss. The staff at Stratics do their very best to get the information out to anyone who will listen; but it's really difficult to help someone who help him or herself. TSO:Stratics has been around for over four years now; there is honestly no excuse for anyone who has been playing longer than a month to not be aware of its existence.

The information is out there. If one cannot or will not take the personal responsibility to seek out the information and become informed, then these ridiculous rumors will continue to propogate.

B

BellaofCats

I asked Parizad two nights ago - give/take - if it is safer for us to move our sims before the merges or wait for the property moves. She told me that yes, it is safer. Take from that what you will.

Happy Simming!

I

imported_CherryBomb

Lotsa posts about where to find the truth. After all this time playing, the only things I depend on are the ones I have tested myself.

CherryBomb