• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealing] A returning player with no knowledge in the Steeling skill

DungHook

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am a returning player with no knowledge in the Steeling skill.
That said;

Q1 (training) Are there ways to train stealing without "grinding the hours away with a friends pack horse" or steeling from passers by in fel.

I prefer to RP. Train as I live out the adventure through My character. Rather than grind.

Q2 (using) Keeping in mind my motivation is adventure, not profit. Are there way's to use the stealing skill without stealing from players. I won't be stealing from other players, I just aint into all that.

Speranza

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can use your own packhorse. Get up to like 60 or so using dye tubs and your own horse guarding you. Once you have about 60-70 skill you can jewel it up and start getting stealables for fun. That first hump is still boring grinding but it's something...

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When training you want to steal heavier and heavier items, one stone for every 10 skill you have. Like this;
35-45 4 stones
45-55 5 stones
55-65 6 stones

the_gooch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A1) I think the best way is to grind out on the horse.

A2) There are all sorts of steal-able items in dungeons and stuff that you can take but if you seek adventure, my friend, then you will find no greater adventure than tracking a mark and stealing from their personal pack.