• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Request for Assistance [Event]

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Eamon, leader of the guardians of Skara Brae, is requesting help in locating the base of operations for the mercenaries that have plagued the realm for the better part of a year. Please read his request:

~~~~~~~~​

Citizens of Britannia,

Since the fall of Queen Dawn, we have been subjected to the threat of mercenaries, bandits, and a mysterious evil that seems to be behind a plot of destruction. They have attacked Britain, and Skara Brae. They captured and imprisoned me, and seemingly count the Commander of the Guard as an ally. I have no doubt that these brigands are but the pawns of a greater power – this “Janus” figure who attacked Trinsic. To date only a small amount is known about Janus, and searches for him have turned up nothing.

If we cannot cut off the head of the dragon, however, we CAN cut off its’ legs! Help me in locating the base of operations for these mercenaries, so that we may put an end to their threat. Judging by their activity in the area, the location is mostly likely in the woods surrounding Skara Brae, perhaps going as far as the road to Trinsic; your search should be focused in Skara Brae as well as this area - perhaps someone has seen something that could be of help.

I cannot offer anything in exchange for your services, but if you should leave a sealed book with your name, and a report of your investigation inside the mailbox at the Emissary Hall in Britain, I will be sure that Detective Thorpe is made aware of your service to the realm.

Signed,

Lord Eamon of Skara Brae

~~~~~~~~​

This event is active right now. It will run until the evening of Thursday, the 2nd. No books will be accepted for points after the end of Friday, the 3rd.

Please put your exact character name in a sealed book, along with the steps you took in your investigation. Well written reports may be used in later event recaps.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a quick tip...

When you fill these books out, MAKE sure you check them before dropping them in the box. I've got a couple that look like they were hastily cut and pasted and don't actually give me any information.

Remember, Lord Eamon won't know who did what if you don't fill the books out. You will be awarded points for doing so in the investigation system. You will get partial points even if you don't find the secret base (but if you do, make sure you explain its location).

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, just ran through it. I did make a small change to the dialogue of one of the people you speak to.

Remember, where oracles are concerned, they will sometimes respond to multiple prompts in different ways...

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance there is still a bit of crossover from a halloween event? A certain NPC recurring twice and still active? or is he in this event as well? The book is still in the dungeon so perhaps I'm just on the wrong track.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still can't get past what I feel like is the first NPC. Other then that I saw some dead packies and a bunch of other things that I am pretty sure are from past events. I also assume a bunch of pirates sitting on top of a mountain are not what I am looking for...I give up for now unless anyone has any hints for me.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally found it with the help of Irulia D'Arkaith, took us a long time but we finally got it =)

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I'm a returning player. The EM hall in Britain. Is that the little mailbox with the blue book sitting on top, outside a little 8x8 wooden house, with thatch roof in north britain that has a sign up for wedding services?!

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I'm a returning player. The EM hall in Britain. Is that the little mailbox with the blue book sitting on top, outside a little 8x8 wooden house, with thatch roof in north britain that has a sign up for wedding services?!
The mailbox on the wedding services bulding.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Irulia,

No crossover from Halloween - but those characters are used from time to time so I like to keep them around and accessible. You are talking about the orcs, right?

As for the pirates, how do you all see them? Are you using the EC and zooming out? They climbed all the way up there to hide :mf_prop:

The EM Hall is the big building next to the small one. The book with instructions (pretty much what is posted here) is outside the Hall, and the mailbox to drop off your report is outside the small building (thanks, Dante).

A

Abu_Ra

I've searched, spoken to several and still can't seem to find where it's at...I'll have to run around more i guess.....

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget, you can still get partial points so long as you are on the correct path and drop off a book detailing your search in the mailbox next to the EM Hall.

For those unfamiliar with these "points", please refer to Adris' excellent new investigator system.

DanteSignas

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Irulia,

No crossover from Halloween - but those characters are used from time to time so I like to keep them around and accessible. You are talking about the orcs, right?

As for the pirates, how do you all see them? Are you using the EC and zooming out? They climbed all the way up there to hide :mf_prop:

The EM Hall is the big building next to the small one. The book with instructions (pretty much what is posted here) is outside the Hall, and the mailbox to drop off your report is outside the small building (thanks, Dante).
I can see the pirate party up yonder mountain with the classic client sir.

-Baudwin Wulf

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the orcs. I wasn't around for that quest so didn't realize it was old. Found him while searching the road - talk about sending me off on a tangent!

As for the pirates, how do you all see them? Are you using the EC and zooming out? They climbed all the way up there to hide
Yep I saw them all with the classic client as well. Didn't have to do anything special. Found them while looking for IDOCs awhile back.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you guys plan on updating the points so we can see how we are doing ? I know that I am only 8 points away from the first sash :)

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you guys. Looking forward to seeing if I made the first sash or not. :thumbsup:

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Points for this mission have been added to the list:

Investigator Point Totals : Catskills

Some very close to the first sash, After this next mission we'll have a sash handing ceremony I suspect. *grin*

As I said on Sunday night there will be a mission tonight after Jack's meeting (8pm Eastern).

There will be a further 3 missions this month, so keep an eye on the website and forums.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you EM Adris. I saw the list :) Looking forward to the missions.

EM Barnaby

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A quick solution guide for those interested. Nobody found ALL the clues/dialogue, but a few got to the end.

1. Two townspeople in Skara Brae. Lady Aila doesn't say much about the mercenaries in particular, but the farmer's daughter nearby talks about the problems on the mainland and her father, Jacob.

2. Jacob talks about the mercenaries, refers the players to a drunk named Moody.

3. Moody is found in Trinsic. He won't say much until you give him a...

4. Refresh potion. He refers to a place that made him feel at peace, with a ring of talking trees that "say things". He also mentions mercenaries with squishy boots that come from the direction of Skara.

5. The part that nobody (to my knowledge) got - though it obviously wasn't necessary. The spot where Moody passed out and later heard the mercenaries was the shrine of Spirituality. If you look at that area, it is surrounded by trees with different signs posted on them - the trees "say things".

6. Between this location and Skara is pond. It is at this pond that a trail of wet footprints is found. If followed, you drop below the pond into the secret base.

Thank you to all who participated.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you EM Barnaby for the details. I missed a few :) This one was a brain teaser for me. I liked it :)