• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A report copied from the Trinsic Watch records office (EM event 25/08/11)

K

Kou (DoT)

Then, we met in Serpent's Hold.
Those assembled filled Colonel Clegg in on the progress made towards locating the key to the "mysterious wooden box" outside his office.
To summarise, the efforts to psychologically torture William the Fence yielded a clue in the form of a tattoo. The tattoo lead to a room in Hythloth, in which a book on one of the bookshelves contained a clue that lead to a building in Mistas. In that building was a key engraved with "mysterious runes".
With the colonel adequately filled in, we travelled as one big disorganised group to the Justice Moongate in Ilshenar, and then on to Mistas. Once there, the colonel recovered the key, and we returned to Serpent's Hold.
Upon reconvening, the colonel used the key to open the chest, which contained the journal of one Captain Wally Swiftknife.
I found it when I was just a young swashbuckler, looking for a crew to join in the harbour of Buccaneer's Den. It was entirely accidental...
I was at the tavern with Captain Blackheart and after a few drinks... well nature called. I must have entered the wrong door cause next thing I knew I was in some sort of cave. I went around a corner to relieve myself.
The rum had done more than fill my bladder though. When I wanted to turn back, I found myself lost. For hours I wandered through what seemed an endless system of caves, until I could go no further.

That place will come in handy now. It's perfect for hiding things...
Following what was written in the journal, we ended up in Buccaneer's Den, in the tavern.
A little searching lead us to discover the mentioned caves, and thus we descended it what really was a near endless cave system. However, down one tunnel there were spiders, and past the spiders we found the area Swiftblade referred to.
Clues scattered about the cave seemed to point to four locations.
Two of them, I'm unaware of.
One of them lead to the seas off Cove, where some terrible creature had eaten the key.
The last, which the assembled Duchy Watch followed, lead to the Dungeon of Shame, and a key guarded by the evil mages.
On returning to the cave, we learned that the key fit one of the locks, and that inside was the third of four clues.
Eventually, all four keys were recovered, and all four clues discovered:

• A broken clock, stopped at 8pm
  • An image of a moonlit whirlpool
  • A copy of the book "The Burning of Trinsic"
  • And instructions to "Say the magic words and you will be drawn in! Hold your breath! It's a wild ride..."

From those clues, a time and a place were determined.
Sunday, 8pm, at Trinsic West Gate.

(I don't mean to step on toes with this, but I was writing it anyway for RP, so I thought I might as well repost a bit.
If anyone is/was/will be writing another one, don't let this stop you:))