• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] A Recipe for Blackrock Stew & A recipe for Bowl of Rotworm Stew.

Arien

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can my Mage make those Quests for A Recipe for Blackrock Stew & A recipe for Bowl of Rotworm Stew without Cooking to give them my weak Char with Cooking? Or do i need Cooking to make those Quests? And are those Recipes normal Recipes or do i learn them at once ? Yes i know stupid questions but all I know is that every Char can make those Quests only one time.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My swords did the quest for my cook, so in short, yes; any char can do the quest to get the receipe for a cook :)

S

Spoontoes

Hi - sorry to hijack the thread but is the Blackrock stew quest still doable? From what I have read I need (what seems to be) an unfeasibly high amount of loyalty to the Ophidians to complete the quest...? Am I missing something or do I have to slog away at Ophidian loyalty before I can start the quest?

S

soulstoner

Hi - sorry to hijack the thread but is the Blackrock stew quest still doable? From what I have read I need (what seems to be) an unfeasibly high amount of loyalty to the Ophidians to complete the quest...? Am I missing something or do I have to slog away at Ophidian loyalty before I can start the quest?
I do believe the quest for the Blackrock Stew needs no Oph loyalty. I completed the quest with a stealther to lift the Terathan Avenger Arms from the corpses of those killed by the ongoing monster spars given the area can get overwhelming. Also the quest can only be completed with only one char per account and the recipe can be given to the cook char if obtained by different char. Here's the link with details - Good Luck :)
A Dish Best Served Cold - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

S

Spoontoes

I sent my stealther down to talk to Salis, when I double click on him he says:

'My work must not fall into the hands of the Bane Chosen, you must prove yourself further before I can trust you'

Which I presume is the loyalty related thing - any help anyone? I really would like to get the recips as I recently procured a Bane Dragon.......

S

soulstoner

I sent my stealther down to talk to Salis, when I double click on him he says:

'My work must not fall into the hands of the Bane Chosen, you must prove yourself further before I can trust you'

Which I presume is the loyalty related thing - any help anyone? I really would like to get the recips as I recently procured a Bane Dragon.......
OK yup - Sorry for the sparse info. You do need the 5k loyalty points. The good news is you can acquire those points from killing Terathans [that was added in after the bane went into hiding]. The cave NW of Spirituality gate works well - you get ~9 points a piece - so shouldn't take too long on a so-so monster killing character. You could perhaps swap stealth skill to that char if need be.