• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question about hiryu

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure if there is plural but this is for hiryu in general. I have a regular one that I added mr 20 to, along with sr 10 but I didn't add any hpr. This one is a bushido/AI version and while I'm happy with him so far, I do wonder if 1) mr 30 was really needed and 2) should I have added any hpr instead of mr?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you will leave the pet alone to fight, it is better to have some hpr.

You may try lesser hiryu, you should have more budget to add both mr 30 hpr 20, and other upgrades.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Depends on templates, i run peacemaking mastery+greater healing with no veterinary so HPR is essential.

If a person uses masteries other than animal taming but does run veterinary I would advise HPR.

Animal taming masteries+veterinary I don't believe HPR is required, unless they don't use Magery and against certain high end mobs you need to stay back with greater heals.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I do have a lesser, working out the last two rounds, hoping I can fit in what I would like. In the plan it looks good. In practice, that could be a different story.
I also have another hiryu with very high str (I think it's 675, not at my pc) I've been thinking about messing with, which spawned the question about hpr vs mr.
Most of the time, I run the taming mastery and I have gm magery with 120 vet, so I guess I don't need hpr?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do have a lesser, working out the last two rounds, hoping I can fit in what I would like. In the plan it looks good. In practice, that could be a different story.
I also have another hiryu with very high str (I think it's 675, not at my pc) I've been thinking about messing with, which spawned the question about hpr vs mr.
Most of the time, I run the taming mastery and I have gm magery with 120 vet, so I guess I don't need hpr?
Lessers will have more points.

I just obtained two nice colored Hiryus. Ill be training them when they bond. Ill be on the beach for a week so Ill start next Sunday.

Put the full mana regen on them. No other regens are needed unless you are planning to afk fight. 600 mana 800HP 700 Str. 150 dex and stam. The resists will keep the damage taken down.

Either make it an AI added only pet or put Bush or Chiv on. Use <120 on the point costing scrolls put the magic to 120.

Hiryus have about the same point total as a Cu.

I think I will make one a goo, AI and the other a Chiv.

Bushido Hiryu

This was an early made Hiryu. You can stop the HP at 800, 900 if you need them. That will free up points. That bird works great. They changed mana usage since I wrote that.