• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A post for returning players.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A post for returning players.

I have seen a few people returning to Ultima Online that have been away for many years so here are a few things that you can do to help yourself.

1. I've seen posts about items for sale from the bank boxes that's a good thing try to post what you want to sell on the forms that way you are not taking advantage of in game same things goes for any pet you have in the Stables.

The reason for that is because some items do not spawn anymore could be very high value.

2. If you do decide to post on the forums that you have returned to the game please list your Toons and what guild's you were in because you might find someone that's been looking for you that's an old friend.

3. If you were in a guild and you see that you are the only member active you can vote for yourself to become Guild leader. If you can try to keep only one Toon in the guild that way you can keep that Guild alive even though it's not active and just in case someone does log back on in that Guild you will be able to see and maybe reconnect with some old friends.

(I wish i would have done that with my old Guild.)

4. Houses can be placed on most any shard. You can find and place 18x18 and even keeps on a less active ones. Now on Atlantic you can still Place small housing and even mid size ones the bigger spots would be in fel.

Just ask in Gen chat and am sure someone would help you find a place.

5. Always be careful what you plan on buying nowadays because just like the old days there will be people that will try to scam and rip you off.
Might think that new pet is rare. Or that sword is rare but in reality it's common item.

This is just my thoughts and a few things that you can you can look upon yourself snd to try to protect yourself if others want to add to this post they may. If I can help just one returning player it's worth posting this.

Vanbar of Atlantic

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great post.
Most new and returning players ask to join an active guild already first week. And not many are picked up theese days due to several reasons.
In the past there was so many guilds fighting to get more members and it was just for new and returning ppl to jump in and start fighting. Now, on most shards, there are not many active guilds recruiting and many more returning players .So the pressure on the guilds to recruit is harder and the returning players are most often jumping from game to game and not staying for long. That means , the guilds has to get the new members trough the access quests and gear them up to see them dissapear when next game of their interest is released or some expansion. So this happens ower and ower and ower. Its dissapointing and offputting the old members after a while.
Its hard to explain this for every returner , used to how it once was, before access quests and other things getting even more complicated and gear even more advanced.

So re-vitaliseing old guild or form a new with other returnes could be more successful. And not only that, all members will be rusty and have fun exploring and find out what happened since last time they played. Joining an active guild they most likely miss out on exploring and discovering loads of things. Alone this might be owerwhelming but as a group in the same situation it sould not be so hard and more fun as well.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Cyrah.

I also forgot to mention insurance. You can insure items from a drop-down menu. You could not do that back in the day.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Outstanding post, I hope all returning players read it and those that are thinking of returning using the EJ Account need to read what you can and can not do/have access to. To many are using EJ and then wondering why they cant do or have access to certain things.