• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Possable Use For Snow Globes

M

Mr Artifact

How about with certain Snow Globes we can use them and if we want enter a mini world a perfect likeness of what ever the Snow Globe is destined as so what ever town or dungeon or place its named for as an example if its named Doom we can enter a mini Doom minus the stealable artifacts and Dark Father of course, if its named Britain we can enter a mini Britain you get the idea they can be entered as many times as we like or just once per day as many days as we like if perferred and each has its own special quest and special reward for completing the quest this would make Snow Globes more then just a deco and give us something else to do plus it would give us the incentive to collect one of each type of Snow Globe. [/list] Another cool idea would be if we can double click the Snow Globe and see a virtual view of what ever place its named for maybe even we can get a partial real time view and be able to see a glimpse of what is really going on in those places like for an example if we have a Luna Snow Globe maybe we can actually see the bank sitters there in Luna from our house or where ever we are and maybe we can actually can see there names and see them spamming maybe we can even read the words they spam lol. this should be done without anyone relizeing we are watching them. maybe this should only be allowed to be used once a day for a certain amount of time each day. [/list] I would like if each of these ideas can become a reality but i would be happy with any of them too. Imported and modified from an old idea of mine on the ideas den.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be nice, if you could doubleclick them and are recalled to that location.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

<blockquote><hr>

enter a mini world a perfect likeness of

[/ QUOTE ]
I HAVE seen them do this with an area of Moonglow during an event. This is interesting thought on using a rare deco to some result instead of pixel crack. I would only wonder if another server would have to govern these area and if it would be worth it. But I do "like" the idea.

I

imported_Hanna

I think Mr Artifact already has collected one of each and is wondering why he is wasting so much space with them.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

that would be nice if they actually did something other than a light source. a mini instanced dungeon or a trip to town when double clicked would be neat. ( depending on the globes location of course)

M

Mr Artifact

While i do have almost every single type of Snow Globe in the game except For the Singing Ball, Museum Replica Snow Globe and the Rubble Snow Globe i am also a rare collector so i dont consider them a waste of storage so even if i only had one Snow Globe or no Snow Globes at all i would still want them to do something else besides being a deco.

L

Lady Katherine

I use a lot of snow globes in my museum to represent the locations they are named after. It would be the neatest thing ever if they popped up a small picture like the Tapestry of Sosaria or the Map of the Realm.

G

I love the real time view idea but I am guessing it would be nearly impossible to implement. But I am not a coder at all so I have no idea what it would take. You used to be able to use crystal balls like that in the single player Ultimas. (Or at least in Ultima 6 The False Prophet.) You used the crystal ball, input the coordinates, and you got a nice view of that place and the option to look in any direction from it for a brief few seconds. Lots of fun that was.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
<blockquote><hr>

the Rubble Snow Globe

[/ QUOTE ]

*twitches*
Rubble Globe?

*drools*

Did not know there was such a thing..
*mutters incoherently*
Must have...
*runs off to spam at WBB*

M

Mr Artifact

yes during the magnicia invasion when you could get rubble a small handful of extreamly lucky players got a Snow Globe also known as a Cyrstal Ball just named Rubble because that was what it was remaining rubble from the building it was in.