• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] A positive note...

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I recently upgraded to High Seas, having been away from fishing for a long time (gave up fishing before soulstones came in, then left & came back to UO a few times since). Initially, I wasn't sure what to make of it. I've been working on my new fisher at a leisurely pace, and GM is finally in sight. I've only done a few quests, but will be doing more soon.

So far, I think High Seas (while acknowledging certain issues that have been shared in this forum) was a great idea. It provided a reason to fish again and made it much more enjoyable -- my little Lucy actually feels like a real fisher now. :)

I hope the Devs do address the problems others have shared here. But I just wanted to say I think High Seas is a good addition, overall, and after finally getting my feet wet (no pun intended), I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice post, old gypsy. I would have to say I agree with you greatly.

I have tried creating and training fishermen in the past, and have always given up quickly. After the release of High Seas, it was easier than ever to finally stick with it. Granted, I am probably a bit farther from GM than you - but it's still a real possibility for me. :)

While it seems there are a few issues still, over-all, I've enjoyed the additions (including Corgul) and am anxious to get a higher skill in fishing and do more questing (I have stopped for the time being, waiting for a higher skill and better requests from the mongers).

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We'll both get there, Padre Dante. It does feel good to actually enjoy working up a skill again. :)