• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A plea to fellow europans

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi, i guess its pretty common knowledge now that i have a banned account. the reason for my plea is that i have received loads (and i mean loads) of pm's and icq's from people saying they will cancel their accts in support for me. i beg you not to do that as it will achieve nothing. ok pm to jeremy is fine but dont forget that i was and at the moment still am an active subscriber to uo as i love the game and (perhaps stupidly) i still believe that with some loving uo can survive. main reason for my departure is that i can never trust them again. people ask why i had all my cash in one building? simple answer is that i have never cheated and therefore saw no reason that i should ever worry.
keep playing. my museum is called the oona moonstone museum named after a char that i admired who left.
what game would you recommend btw. im tempted to go to lotro. i am biased against wow as it seems so limitted with levelling up etc.
UO is the best community of that im sure. my current main guild WoY have as expected been fantastic and even offered a whip round for cash. there is no way i could ever accept that as i know what its like to work legally for cash but thanks X and the crew
xxxxx

J

jack flash

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=777706#post777706

added this too to get Jeremy off her ass

i for one will never return if this is not sorted, sadly i think too late now for revert, too much sitting on ones bum to do anything now, with zofinor also on the list, this is not a game i really want to pay for anymore

tell me RAFMAN has gone and i will maybe smile a bit, but far too many trusted players and not the crap have been affected

also reading some people saying "a few innocent players being caught in the net" is acceptable is also a shocking thing it experience

so if this is the future

1. banning innocent players
2. not acting fast to do ANYTHING
3. having S**T people saying its acceptable
4. the dross CHEATS getting a heads up (must be internal) go get things hidden or moved to temp accts(this again)

just one of the above is enough for me to say bye bye

this game is built up by the players, if there are no, Lucy's, Zofinors etc, who wants to stay????

Z

Zofinur

Guess i have to contradict ... at least a bit.

Mainly i would ask nobody to cancel their account!
But neither would i ask ppl to stay.

If this does not end in a revert and an apology from EA i would like to see everybody asking themself if this is worth to remain.

The actual behavior of EA in actually destroying everything without the option to give feedback really hurts me.
In the past, when ppl were banned there was something like OSI-owned houses or burning houses. At least something that can be reverted.
But the deletion of a house and all its content cannot be undone.

Just an example: I did have a locked-down Personal Bless Deed of IGM Talos.
This is not to be replaced!

J

jack flash

exactly "demolition pending" and lock you out while you find out what is going on is the right thing, not this

TOTALLY AGREE

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

Im just totally shocked.What is this anyway?

First they do nothing about all the Val hammers and other rares dupes.
And when they finally do something they ban you and Zofinur.
This is beyond incredible.

I dont know what to say more than this really really **** me off.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
perhaps they wish to send out a message. cheat and we will leave you be.
be honest? we dont want your type on uo go away, well i got the message loud and clear. and i would ask that you dont ban the acct my museum is on as i wish to preserve europa history so wish to pass the stuff on to the deserving and iguarantee it will be the deserving not the greedy

L

Lilitu

I find all these reports of players, who claim to be honest, being banned depressing. I want to see some kind of official explanation.

what game would you recommend btw. im tempted to go to lotro. i am biased against wow as it seems so limitted with levelling up etc.
I have been considering giving LoRTO a go.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope they review your account and get this cleared up. Like you I would be devastated if my museums and zento house and castle went poof. I would close all three accounts and play another game thisd has gotten insane. Hopefully because its the weekend thats the reason nothing has been done as of yet. I'll keep my fingers cross for the both of you. I will most likely close one of the three anyways and just keep my two main accounts. I use to have five accounts but not anymore, I would venture to guese that many of the current players have or have had multi accounts because of thier love of the game. Sadly this love has become tainted over the past year or two.

K

Kith Kanan

exactly "demolition pending" and lock you out while you find out what is going on is the right thing, not this

TOTALLY AGREE
Word !!! just deleting peopels stuff like this is poorly thought trugh , unless they can move the entire house and content to a sub server and store it there... i dont know maybe thats possible ????

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont know enuff about computer type things to comment on that but hell as an exploiter i shud know how to do it!

K

Kith Kanan

Yeah after all we are members of an international crime ring with unlimited resources and accesse to expert hackers and mind control divices....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This whole deletion stinks

Last time yes the burning houses... nobody and i mean nobody moaned!! why ?? because every burning house was guilty as charged!!!

This time EA as got it soooo wrong.. i just hope they bite the bullet and somehow make the deleted houses come back again with all the contents.. yes someone as placed over the fallen keep and the fallen castle.. but they will miss out this time!!! but jeepers it should never have happend in the first place... and im betting they were like vultures placing over the players saying wtf as happened???

K

Kiminality

im tempted to go to lotro. i am biased against wow as it seems so limitted with levelling up etc.
LotRO is basically WoW mechanics, with a pretty Tolkien wrapper.

Most MMOs are pretty limited, with similar levelling mechanics. So, you're probably best picking one that's a setting you'll like.

K

kray2s

can i ask a dumb ass question? i have just come to read the boards and i see all this? wtf has happend???????

I know big dupe over xsharding had been around on the boards for a while but the names amaze me! for 2 reasons. first i see many people i would trust on that list and second i dont see many of the names of people that i reckon should have been banned!!

Did they think this, even slightly through before acting? and did u get any message or reason as to why they have done it or did you just open the patch and not be able to get in????

im so sorry for the innocent - no matter what anyone says it is NOT acceptable after all you do nothing wrong and get banned from playing a game that you have PAYED to play!!

EA needs to sort this and quickly

P

Paidric

This is a sad day for UO. I know a bunch of the affacted people and I can't believe they had done anything wrong.

If owning duped items is a crime... then we're all in troubles. I mean, I hardly have time to hunt, most of my money came from trading things, buying low, selling higher. I've stopped trading for the most part though. But the chance I could have bought duped items is rather high nonetheless as there are no ingame mechanics for checking that.

Since I have bought every single of my high end items (arties or else) and didn't get them by myself, I'm pretty glad I didn't picked the wrong number... But if my uo life (or death in this case) is bound to an everyday lottery... how nice...

Anyway, to all 3 of you, if you want to get back into it, you can count on me to help you, whatever you'll need!

This is a sad day and a really really really stupid way of doing things. Shame on EA for doing that, whatever the reason, you have to give one and give a chance for a defense.

Funningly enough, I guess they spend much more energy on the consequences rather than the causes.
"I have a headache... Right! Let's cut the head!" Clever.

Regarding other games, sadly enough, anything I tested out can be summarized to :
grind, level, grind, level, grind, level, pvp, pwned, grind, level, grind, level, pvp, pwned, rince and repeat until you get sick of it. Not much of a point to me.
I like doing anything else than grinding and don't want to be punished for that.
If you find a game that has UO freedom, let me know, I'd be glad to start with you all over again there!

*edit*
I've read the thread on U.Hall, stratics posters there are as pathetic as they always were. Sorry you have to go through the flames and idiocy of the people here. Though we all know you'll never get any news from EA if you don't bully them a bit.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have now calmed down abit since yesterday,

Now Im just paranoid.
I always buy stuff on all shards Im visiting...now I dont dare.
I will leave Atlantic after only have made the traded I went there for.
That was not cheap I say to trade only one item.

I have traded with Zofinur since,well always.I do believe both of you are innocent.

None of the people I started to play with are still here,they all left for other games.
I often ask them if they have found any new game.They know what I like and no game have made them stay for more than 6 months tops.

I would have no problem with starting allover on a new clean Europa based shard.
From scratch I mean.

Regards
The Scandinavian

K

Kith Kanan

I just got EA mail , I guesse buiyng 10 or so verite hammers and 4 valorite hammers was enough to get banned ....

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online Support.

I am very sorry to hear of your account being terminated. However, you were found to be in possession of a multitude of highly illegal items in Ultima Online. Due to the severe nature of this ToS violation, your account was terminated. Sufficient evidence was verified to justify this termination.

The action taken against your account was just and will stand. If you would like to see any changes made to our Rules and Policies, please feel free to submit feedback bia the UO Herald by visiting
http://uoherald.com/feedback/index.php

Any further replies regarding this subject will not be acknowledged.

Thank you and take care.

EA Rep Balendros
Player Relations
Electronic Arts

They can kiss my hairy....

G

Gandie

Damn that sucks! Im so sorry to hear that. I Guess alot have been banned for buying duped items :/

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a chance at buying BRSK @ 1.5m and val runics @ 15m months ago.
Did i? No, Have i been banned? No.
Soo many times its been said, if somthng seems to good to be true it usaly is.
This time it looks like ppl r paying for it, the hard way (maybe the wrong ppl)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The thing is... players like me for example, who hardly ever at all shop at vendors, have no idea what normal prices are!! So how are you to judge if something is fishy? Spend all valuable rare game time on evaluating prices?? Sure, since we sometimes read these boards (periodically), we do know that dupes are in game and go round, but many others don't ever use these boards. And it's not like we have the dupe-issue in our mind every day we play. A few weeks ago we finally used some Spined RSK, and the results begged for sth more... potent. So we were pondering buying a BRSK, so glad we never got to look for it for lack of time... But hadn't thought of those possibly being duped/dupes... Not once.
Sadly, these events prove we SHOULD think abt it every day...

Soooo gutted for all these innocents who might have received contaminated goods from idocs, or trades, and just lost YEARS n YEARS of work & fun with the snap of a finger...
And what annoys us is the many disgusting reactions like "just move on" or "just start afresh"... 720 skill cap? Anyone? Wait 4 years for that again?! Just to name one example... Sheesh!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read all this and kept quiet till I had something constructive to say.

The thing that Lucy and Zof have in common, is checks. Both had a fairly large number of checks. I've a dreadful feeling that both have been dealing with people who have paid them with duped ones. It's the only logical explanation I can come up with and would explain why Lucy's house was demolished, since that's where her's were.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been worrying about the exact same thing too, Petra. You can avoid BRSKs etc, but avoiding trading?

But it is a common item, and I think some of the other banned players were quite wealthy too.

Ick :(

Wenchy